An update regarding Person Detection

The latest from Gwendolyn in about 10 posts above yours in this same thread. :wink: :point_down:

We are about to start early stage external testing for it and are making progress.

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

Youā€™re welcome!

1 Like

Why not? you can use alexa on your cell phone. Or did i misunderstand your reply?

You cannot view video from any camera on your cellphone via Alexa. At least not yet. Hopefully someday.

1 Like

That is true

I would have to say although not perfect it worked well for me as well. I use my Wyze camera as an outdoor camera faced down at my driveway. Iā€™ve got all motion detection turned off because I live on a busy street. At night the motion tends to pick up car lights and my phone alerts go crazy. With the person detection feature it cut the false alerts way down. Hope this feature comes back soon.

2 Likes

i still have my wyzecams on firmware with the Person Detection feature intact. Is there any reason to even upgrade to new firmware until Wyze gets their own version out? I canā€™t imagine that will be any time soon and am guesstimating Summer at the earliest.

3 Likes

Same here. I am hoping that I can hold off on the update until the new version comes out.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not updating anything until a new, just as accurate or better, person detection is released. Iā€™ll change my mind if cameras start misbehaving.

3 Likes

How can we, yaā€™ll to nicešŸ„°

The new person detection is out on beta software. The old one is a lot better as the new one doesnā€™t detect anybody. Only shows up as motion detected. I would still hold off till they perfect it.

1 Like

Whatā€™s wrong with the newest version of person detection? Itā€™s only working on 1/6 cams currently. Only 1 cam lists any person detected, and itā€™s usually when it detects random movement.

Why? Shouldnā€™t it be working on all cams?

1 Like

Hello when is the planned release date for your replacement for person detection?

Wyze team replied mid-February:
We are about to start early stage external testing for it and are making progress.

They havenā€™t identified a date yet, though.

1 Like

Hopefully we will get the new person detection soon!

1 Like

See now hereā€™s a thread that should be lockedā€¦ If for no other reason than to keep it from being bumped.

1 Like

We still donā€™t have a public date for release at this point. As noted, we still have some bugs to work out. But weā€™re making progress! :slight_smile:

@blazer0981 and @gqflyaznguy , I would recommend checking if you have CMC enabled for those cameras. If not, please report these issues in the beta area (if you havenā€™t done so yet). Thanks for your help with testing!

1 Like

Thatā€™s great to hear! Thanks

1 Like

Youā€™re welcome! :slight_smile: