Alternative Wyze Bulb sizes and types: recessed, flush, fan, chandelier, mini, etc

Just please keep in mind that Wyze does not recommend using their bulbs in enclosed lighting fixtures due to possible overheating issues. The excerpt below is from the linked article.

• Can I use Wyze Bulbs in semi or fully enclosed sockets?

Wyze Bulbs should work fine in partially enclosed luminaries like a sconce, but aren’t rated for continuous use in fully enclosed luminaries like globe covers.

Yeah. In the new LED world, there’s a lot of variation in bulb sizes, unfortunately. It’s not as standardized as it used to be with incandescents. A15 and A19 are supposed to refer to the dimensions of the “globe” of the bulb, but in the real world, so-called A19s can vary quite a lot. And higher-wattage LEDs generally need a bigger globe with LEDs, which wasn’t the case with incandescents. So a 100-watt-equivalent A19 bulb is usually bigger than the 60-watt-equivalent A19 bulb from the same brand, even though they should be the same according to the naming convention. I’ve run into the same annoyance.

In general, if the A19 is too big, an A15 should probably do the trick for you, but Wyze doesn’t offer that at this point.

1 Like

I have several of your wifi bulbs. They all work good.
I would like to see the same product with the smaller base.
I have several places I could use these.
Thanks

1 Like

Tube lights. I have yet to see anyone do a smart tube light.

3 Likes

BR30 flood would be great. I need for commercial use.

3 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Vintage Style LED Smart Bulb

Outdoor Flood Lights please!

2 Likes

Yep, for recessed, long stem BR30 & BR40
For exterior rated Par36 & Par20 Flood & Spot! (sorry I have uses for both)
& would also love some E7/E9/E12/E26 flame style for chandeliers/ornamental lights

3 Likes

I would love to see LED color light strips. I have a few behind my TV and under my kitchen cabinets from none smart brands. I would love to replace mine and have them work with my cameras or Alexa.

3 Likes

Not to hurt Wyze feelings, regarding potential products such as an LED strip, but there are a couple good product lines out there.
There is the shelly rgbw2

Excellent products.

You can control any RGBW strip, or led strings.
So cost is a matter of the strips/strings you use.

I for 1 use proprietary strips manufactured to my specs (I’ve been having manufactured spec LED lighting & importing for almost 14 years).
But you can buy dirt cheap strips out there too, in many formats.

Then there are SPI and addressable leds w on board chips to allow for all sort of special effects, 2811, 2812 are 2 I am most familiar with but there are quite a few newer variants too.
Those you can control down to the individual onboard led dies (similar the philips strips just far more robust control capable)

Yes, they work w alexa or google.
I don’t think they work w homekit, but you can check the shelly forum.

Also look at the Sonoff line

1 Like

Yes this would be great!! Wyze please make an outdoor floodlight or maybe a floodlight/camera.

2 Likes

Put me on the hardware test for this one. I have a bunch of canned lights to test with :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes! Same here. I’ve been waiting for this for a long time now!

Yes me too, I have several in my kitchen, living room and all the way down my hallway with spots on artwork.

1 Like

I have bought a few Wyze A19 bulbs already. Now I want to replace my existing eleven GU10 LED spotlight with Wyze bulbs.
Wyze, please make GU10 bulb Tunable White.

1 Like

E12 (candelabra/chandelier) sized bulbs and maybe RBG color change bulbs would be awesome.

1 Like

Judging by the sheer weight of the E19’s currently produced, I feel as though this request is far off. Dropping the same hardware into, say, an E12 wouldn’t be at all possible… I too would like to have a few different types of bulbs, but maybe targeting bulbs themselves isn’t the right approach? What if Wyze were to rethink what is currently on the market and produce bulb adapters that could handle the switching and wireless connectivity? Still I am surprised that there inst an RGB LED bulb yet, it seems pretty trivial as far as hardware goes, I am sure software is a different ballgame…

1 Like

Is there any reason why you could not use an adapter that converts a E26 base on a Wyze Bulb to a E12 base for use as a chandelier E12 bulb?

2 Likes

I have done this and have been using the bulbs for over a year with no issues.

1 Like

Thanks for your response! Good to know.

1 Like