Alternative Wyze Bulb sizes and types: recessed, flush, fan, chandelier, mini, etc

I’ve just received an email about Wyze Plug in early access, with all these different setup I think without replacing the lights we could just connect them though Wyze Plug or since its still on early access if we wanted a more professional installation we could suggest for Wyze Relay/Switch.

Can’t connect a plug to a ceiling fixture now can we! :flushed:

(Please excuse any typo’s!)

Sorry but I’m not implying to install the plug directly on the fixture, but as far as I know, most of these lights are powered via electrical cables and with a switch, there is where its possible to install the Wyze Plug. If your purpose is just the automation of turning On/Off the lights I believe this is possible, although it would not look that good and professionally installed, thus I’m recommending if they could make a Wyze Relay/Switch. But of course if your after other features such as dimming, color/tone changing light, then we really need different types of Wyze Bulb.

Indoor flood lights - My house, like so many, have ceiling, flush-mounted, flood lights, that illuminate an entire room. My kitchen has a group of 9 and each of my bathrooms have 4 or 6. I would love to use WiFi lights to replace them.

1 Like

Decorative Wyze bulbs for open fixtures such as a dining room chandelier. Standard and candelabra base.

Bulbs are amazing for lamps but many homes have recessed lighting or canisters. Would be great to have smaller spots for lighting pictures and statues or special table tops items. Need for dining room hanging lighting.

I recently Wyzed up and I could not be happier with my little $20 WyzeCam and set of lightbulbs. I was wondering if there is a plan to develop a floodlight type bulb? We have quite a few canned ceiling lights and I’d love to put a Wyze light into a few areas in my home to control while I’m away from home. Thank you for these products. I’m so not tech and the fact that I can figure out how to work things makes me actually feel smart! I’m over the moon happy with your amazing products! Home run!

So my house is actually full of these indoor floodlights:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019KKF3S4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_-jcDDb1KN8NQE

I would love, overtime, to replace them all with Wyze bulbs. I could do that with the current bulbs, but my wife and I actually really like the way these floodlights look in the light fixtures. I know it’s an entirely new housing, but the technology is already there so I figure surely it can’t be that difficult? Anyway, there’s my contribution to the wishlist. I’m sure there aren’t many people who need these but I figured it was worth asking!

1 Like

Would a BR30 work for you? That is most likely the next “shape” we’ll make.

19 Likes

That’s exactly what I’m looking for so I’d say so!

2 Likes

Yes, that’s what I have in my house. Thanks.

1 Like

No. I need really small bulbs, but just keep moving forward.

They would work in a 7 canisters/recessed lights but I would also need 15 a bit smaller, like a BR20 for the rest of my smaller canisters/recessed lights/spots. Hope you continue to develop a great many sizes for differing applications.

1 Like

I just got my 4 pack and really like them. It would be great if e12 bulbs were made so I can switch my fan lights to these.

1 Like

I wish there was different sized lights with Wyze. I want to be able to turn off the kitchen lights if they get left on (they are long fluorescence lights like you would see in an office setting) and my hall light is a fatter bulb. This way when I get home I can have the lights in the hallway turn on automatically and I won’t trip over dog gates.

1 Like

I love Wyze bulb but can’t use it on every fixture. Please add more bulb types.

2 Likes

Please make more bulb types to fit more fixtures along with more color options. Maybe option to flash the lights also. Thanks.

1 Like

I’m genuinely curious looking at this now, what use case/scenario would there be where replacing all the can lights with smart bulbs would be better than replacing the switch with a smart switch? I’ve slowly been putting recessed lighting throughout our home and the mentality of switching them all for smart bulbs seems like it would be a waste if you will, Especially when you consider how crowded that makes the wifi bandwith.

1 Like

Hmmmm……good point Jim. Guess I may think that too. I had almost bought 12 more yesterday and then decided to hold off until a “special offer” comes along. Now I’m glad I hit cancel. Switches can be tricky though especially with three way or four way switches.
I may have to hire a professional now.

~dutchinsf

1 Like

Switches do get tricky on 3 and 4 way like you said and if your house does not contain a neutral wire.

I use some switches and some bulbs. For instance I may have a switch that there are 3 lights connected to, turning on the switch turns them all on, but also having bulbs makes it so I can only have 1 on.

1 Like