Allow schedule AND event to control shortcut / rule triggers

Yes, Yes, Yes, PLEASE!

It is in development…so stay tuned! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

You know, I thought I caught that out of the corner of my eye as I hit reply. Thanks for the response!

2 Likes

You’re welcome!

Ability to set a specific time where the motion sensor or cam can turn on the bulb

Would be great to know - how soon? I bought the bulbs and sensors thinking the Wyze automation could already do this. Received and set up yesterday - shocked that something like this isn’t able to be done efficiently within the app.

Welcome to the community, @johnny92! If you can be more specific with what you’re wanting to automate, we may be able to assist you a little on this. In the Wyze app under "Rules’ certain automations are already available. Also, Wyze is currently working on improving the Schedules and Rules and hopefully this should be available in the very near future with another app release. :slightly_smiling_face:

Schedules & Automation Support Page

Yes! Wyze Bulbs can be automated through the Schedules and Automations feature in the Wyze app, allowing crossover with all other Wyze devices that have a trigger function listed. This includes the Sense products (open/closed/motion/clear), as well as the Wyze Cams (motion detected)
This means that you can set up a Schedules and Automations to have your Wyze Bulb turn on when your contact sensor is opened, then have another Shortcut set to turn it back off after a set period of no motion detected in the room.

1 Like

I’d be willing to bet he’s trying to [insert title of this thread].

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Immediate notification of event

This would be awesome

As an alternative, I simply created another trigger that if the door stays open for more than 10 seconds, all lights turn off. so when I leave the house and all the lights turn on, I just wait 10 seconds and they all turn off. When I return home, and open the door, if I want the lights to stay on, I make sure I close the door within 10 seconds. Not the best fix, but it works…

Yes, luckily we have a few options and flexibility for these workarounds! Thanks for sharing.

You might be interested in joining the beta group if you’re not already… :smirk:

That’s a good thought and idea, although most people usually want lights to turn on before the room gets dark enough to turn the IR mode on. However, if the light sensor reads varying light levels on a scale of say 0 to 100, then theoretically it could be programmed to let you choose the sensitivity level that you want your lights to not trigger on and vice versa.

And… here’s the Wishlist topic for that:

3 Likes

Cool, thanks!

1 Like

This is in testing now. I think it’s available in the beta app.

Yes it is …one of my shortcuts was updated to the new system as well.
Looks to provide everything I wanted… Great job… Thanks

Moderator Note: The email signature containing personal information has been manually removed from this post. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

would be great if you add calendar days to event recording in order to target specific in the week. Am sure many users prefer to not record while they @ home. For example weekends. Thank you

Welcome to the community, @amd121. I have moved your post to this one. The feature you’re looking for is currently in testing. :slight_smile:

1 Like