Allow Canadians to buy direct from Wyze

I think somewhere buried in this thread there is a discussion of a distribution partner in Canada. One of the hold up was a tour because of Covid, But in general, information has been very limited.

1 Like

Yes, the information is very vague and I get why they have to do it like that. I just wish it was sooner rather than later but with everything that is going on, I don’t anticipate it would happen before the 4th quarter of 2021.

Hi guys. Just letting you know that if you are in the wyze facebook group, that there is an update about this. They might update us next week.

1 Like

That is very useful thanks so much! I am guessing the name of the Group is Wyze Canada Users. Or is it the Wyze Core Community?

can you share that post

Wyze Core community. I made a post asking about update. Then gwen replied there.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for reaching out to them. AND following up here for the sole benefit of everyone else. You rock.

Now… here’s to hoping for a prompt and positive reply!

1 Like

So just got my wyZe cam v3’s shipped from the states to Canada. Nice to see French on the manual and other spots. Assuming Canadian launch is soon!

1 Like

harps,
How much was it in CAD$?
Delivery fees?
Duties?
How long did it take?
Did you order directly from Wyze?

Yes directly from Wyze. I used re-shipper Shippsy : Shippsy

Order 1: 3x Wyze Cam V3 = USD59.97, 2x Spotlight USD19.98. Shipping USD14.76. Tax USD7.58. Total USD 102.29

Shippsy cost: Handling fee CAD6.99, tax on fee CAD0.91, CBSA Duty CAD1.58, CBSA Tax CAD13.91. Total CAD 23.29

Order 2: 3x Wyze Cam V3 = USD59.97, shipping USD11.06, tax USD5.68. Total USD76.71
Shippsy cost: Handling fee CAD6.99, tax on fee CAD0.91, CBSA Duty CAD- nil, CBSA Tax CAD10.28. Total CAD 18.18 minus $10 (Shippsy referral) so 8.18.

Delivery from Wyze within about 4-5days. Got the email from Shippsy on Thursday PM, submitted the info required and item was in Canada on Monday noon and paid for.

2 Likes

That’s not bad. They only ship to Toronto though.
The second order would be $38.60 CAD for each V3 shipped and taxes in. That’s less than they would be on Amazon.

1 Like

Yeah honestly wasn’t too bad and Shippsy was awesome. Plus can’t go wrong with a free $10 credit for referring.
I will just grab more when available to switch out my V2’s. need another 7 so can’t wait. My doorbell is on the way soon also

great call out, thank you. My only concern with that product is that the site provides zero information around security.

I have googled Teckin cams. They’re rubbish. And the only comparison vid of them is done by Teckin themselves. That says a lot - no one wants to waste their time comparing Teckin to any other brands.

Every now and then I check and see which Canadian sites carry Wyze (Amazon, Petsmart, Home Depot, etc) for the V3. Check out what I just stumbled upon:

1 Like

What store?
Doesn’t really matter I guess, there’s no stock. :slightly_smiling_face:

It looks like a homedepot Canada page.
EDIT: Just checked. It is HD Canada.

1 Like

Thanks for that. Been checking as well every so often. Hopefully it means we’ll have access to local stock eventually, and Canadian warranties!

1 Like

Daifeichu called it. Homedepot.ca

and while, yes, it’s labeled as not available in store or online, it’s still a promising sign of things potentially to come as they’re not going to waste their time setting it up on their site if they’re not going to be selling it any time soon.
In the mean time, we’ll wait for the update @UserCustomerGwen mentioned the other day. Something tells me the two are related in some way.

1 Like