Allow Canadians to buy direct from Wyze

If the Wyze company would have presence in Canada they could get tax credits for research and development.
In Quebec many startups benefit on these tax credits to pay their employees salary.
Also Quebec has the lowest rental office costs in the country. Everyone loves it here.

3 Likes

Insofar as shipping costs, they essentially make it cheaper to buy a new item due to the average cost of Wyze products thus far. If you buy an item from outside Canada and have it shipped here, packaging can be in any language. If sold in Canada, packaging is usually required to be bilingual. The latest trend in packaging is to put English, Spanish and French on everything. Finally, Wyze is in the Seattle area, the winters in the East are too much for west coasters… (biased Vancouverite here) :canada:

1 Like

I just tried to pre-order the light bulbs, alas the same problem they don’t ship to Canada!

Canadian summer (un)officially started yesterday. Ready for the shipping to begin -and just in time for the bulbs :bulb: :smile: :bulb:

3 Likes

Okay, it’s starting DURING summer. Not at the start of summer. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Great!

As summer (un)officially started yesterday in Canada, we are “during” summer. I get my stuff sent to Blaine anyway. :grin:

John Taylor

1 Like

Looking optimistic… thx…

1 Like

This would not be the first example of it being done…

Hello new user here…

Just an FYI…

If you log into Amazon.com you can purchase the starter pack with one cam for 47$
The app auto calculated shipping currency and import fees. total price comes to 85$cnd. And yes its ships to canada. The app tells you what will and wont ship and these items will ship.

I may order one

Waiting for Wyze and Amazon.ca to agree to provide new products to Canada is unfortunate - luckily, in my case, the border is not that far away. However, Warranty is my big concern - if you buy outside of USA, even from an authorised distributor like Amazon (I assume they are authorised) there is no warranty offered by Wyze. Amazon.ca does not offer a warranty beyond their 30 day return policy. A local distributor in Canada could solve this problem OR Wyze could offer their warranty through Amazon.ca as many other suppliers do. I realize that this may not, however, be cost effective for many reasons including shipping costs,

doctorkb - that was the point of my “may not be cost effective” comment, However, the problem is solved within the USA and it would be nice to have the same option in Canada. I would pay the $15 shipping given the $55CDN for the pan cam.

Ok, I was patient for 2 weeks - but now our summer is half over. Winter is Coming. [queue GOT soundtrack] Starting to worry you might miss the (self-imposed) deadline. 24hr darkness will be on us again soon. Need Wyze bulbs to light the way.

2 Likes

I think I just saw the Ice King guy, oh crap we are so helpless… If we only had light! I’m a doctor @UserCustomerGwen, not an electrician!!!

1 Like

First of, @james and @j.rolyat, you two are definitely part of my nerd crew. Thanks for the laugh! You’ll be happy to hear that we are still on target for getting Canadian shipping out this summer. In the meantime, I’ll try to send you some dire wolves and stretchy dogs. The Federation told me that they can’t get involved since we haven’t developed warp capability yet. :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

Maybe a Canada Day (July 1) miracle?

2 Likes

Thanks for all your hard work. I’ll be ordering some as soon as it’s available from your site!

1 Like

Reading up on this product.
One needs Alexa or Echo…
Does it work without that kind of system?

@Shep, Wyze products work without Alexa or Google products. Thanks for checking! :slight_smile:

For everyone else, we are sorry. We ran into a snag with Canadian shipping and it’s being pushed back a bit. We’re still expecting it to happen this year and we’re working on getting it up and running as soon as possible. I’ll post here when I have more information I can give you.

You are personally forgiven as I get mine shipped to Baine anyway; however, I cannot speak for the other 15 or so Canadians with electricity… :smirk::smirk::smirk:

1 Like