Allow Canadians to buy direct from Wyze

The biggest issue is warranty issues. Because they don’t sell in Canada, they do not offer support for products here. I’ve had the dreaded door sensor issues with devices I purchased off amazon.ca from a reseller, and they failed, but can’t get answers from support on replacing faulty hardware. That’s unfortunate.

The form has had a ‘province’ option for years actually.

It looks legit from other comments they’ve made. And if you look up Dave Crosby co-founder of Wyze you can see more about him. Sounds promising!

This is encouraging considering I’ve been ordering stuff off the site and having it shipped to my NY State PO Box not know when I’ll be able to pick it up (and furthermore if it even made it there as I used the Post Office’s physical address as the ship to, and tacked on my box #). I’m likely to just order them all again once there’s the Canadian warehouse up and running, and hopefully be pleasantly-surprised once the border opens back up.

Hi,
The wyze sense motion sensor is $6 USD in US and only way to get it in Canada is from wantboard.ca for $37 CAD, and I am still willing to pay like 5x more the US price that but I feel like all the profit is going to a third party and not wyze. Any word on when wyze can start selling to Canadians directly?
Thanks

Hi, everyone!

This is a message for our beloved Northern Neighbors. We know it has been frustrating to feel locked out of the fun when we’ve been launching our products. We figured you may want an update about Canadian shipping. :slightly_smiling_face:

We finally signed with a Canadian warehousing and logistics partner last week! This took longer than expected since we weren’t able to visit on-site due to COVID-19 and contract reviews. We will begin the onboarding and integration process soon but won’t be able to have a timeline estimate until later.

We know that some of you have been curious about why we decided to work with a 3PL instead of shipping directly. This is because the Canada partner will be able to support both e-commerce and wholesale/retailer shipping. While we aren’t able to ship the existing launched products to you yet and don’t have a specific deadline for when that will change, we’re getting closer! We really appreciate everyone’s patience during this process and we can’t wait to be able to ship to you! :grin:

25 Likes

How is Home-Depot USA different from Home-Depot Canada?

1 Like

This is fantastic news! Excitedly waiting to buy all the things!

Great news! Thank you

It’s good to have regular communication with your customers it shows engagement. From what I can tell within the forums there has been less than ten official communications in two years regarding shipping to Canada and who know globally. I would considering this leading because again no timeline, no timeline means no commitment. If you were serious about shipping to Canada(or globally) you could have spun up a Shopify or Etsy account to move product while negotiating with partners. In one of my posts I mentioned a competitor who was failing AND they were selling out of a box box store but they don’t anymore.

I’m pretty sure at this point you have lost me as a potential customer. Pricepoint got my attention but lack of support, communication, and everything I have been reading while waiting for an official update has lost me. Too similiar to the competitor who is falling faster behind more established companies. At this point I’m more comfortable spending 5x the money to not have to worry about what may or may not be happening with the company.

Good luck, hope it all works out.

3 Likes

Can we take part in any of the pre-orders? I know it’s not ready for existing products launched, but what about the pre-ordered items and then they’re shipped when the centre opens?

1 Like

I assume Gwen would have said that in the announcement if they were going to do that.
Since she didn’t and the doorbell ships in January I wouldn’t count on getting any WYZE shipments in 2020 or the first quarter of 2021.

No, we aren’t able to support Canadian pre-orders at this time. But we’re getting closer to when you’ll be able to join in the fun! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Fantastic news! Hope this launches by the start of 2021.

3 Likes

Can you tell me what 3PL you are using? I have had dealings with some, just wondering if they are a good one or a “not so good”.

1 Like

I’m sorry, I don’t have that level of detail. Thanks for asking, though!

Dear Gwen I guess you can afford to loose financial gain, from Canada.

They can’t lose what they didn’t have to begin with.
Canadian sales are not part of their sales forcast.

1 Like

Has any Canadian successfully signed up for Person Detection?

I’ve been trying to sign up for person detection since the offer came out, but the Wyze site can’t seem to accept my CC.
Been back and forth with their support but communication dropped off after they “adjusted things on their side” but payment still wouldn’t go through.

Welcome to the Wyze community Oat. :+1:

You should be able to pay for Wyze services with a credit card via PayPal Canada:

2 Likes