All the product updates announced during the Wyzies

Overjoyed about the cable free outdoor camera. I have a house in the boonies of Panama and electrical service is spotty. For the future pan and tilt would be a nice feature but that would probably require a power cable. Keep up the outstanding work and try not to grow too fast.

2 Likes

Oh man, Wyze is gonna own me. The Lock, Thermostat, doorbell, and scale are in my budget already. The idea of a Car Cam that could handle the sun heated dashboard with Wyze features is almost breath-taking. Please do that too!

5 Likes

For the record, I am fine with this! But I would also like confirmation. I’ve already justified paying nests subscription for the doorbell cam, if I can get everything under wyze I’d be ok with paying a subscription for that!

2 Likes

I have not bought a Wyze product yet, but I 've registered my account in anticipation of the outdoor cam beckoning.

2 Likes

The reason the no cooldown period is a pay service is to offset the server costs. They will continue to do the 12-second videos with 5-minute cooldown for free but need to charge for more and people asked for it knowing there might be a fee. I am hoping the fee comes in under what others charge which would tie in to their usual strategy.
To get around the cooldown you can also put a SD card in the cam and record continuous or events only. That is what I currently do and I just use the cloud videos as a place marker for where I need to look on the card.

9 Likes

This might merit a bit more clarification. Most of the regulars and Mavens and Moderators have been informing people that the outdoor cam will support two separate modes – “battery mode” and “wired mode.” That was based on earlier information that came from @WyzeDongsheng in the outdoor camera thread. If that’s no longer the case, it might be good to clarify, so that expectations are set appropriately.

6 Likes

I agree, because my understanding was the option for either is still there, but @WyzeDave has more knowledge of the project than I do.

1 Like

I am looking very forward to the thermostat. One thing I would LOVE to see Wyze develop and release is a smart switch. Ideally one that is a hardwired replacement for an existing wall switch. I have several rooms in my house that have two ceiling light fixtures in a single switch. I would prefer to not have to install two smart bulbs for only one light circuit.

5 Likes

Expansion is expensive Hiring engineers is expensive We all know Electrical rates are high
I’m sure whatever Wyze comes up with for a payment plan will be extremely reasonable

3 Likes

Yes, I guess it would be good to clarify it but I have no reason to believe it has changed .
I’m pretty sure if it had changed they would have reiterated that

1 Like

I just provided a Link you can read my comment in that thread if you click on it

1 Like

I guess this is a good time to get the record straight. I haven’t seen where they changed it up until now. @UserCustomerGwen

5 Likes

What about an adjustable flood light outdoor cam

1 Like

Still waiting for the hub so I can use that instead of the sd card. I have 10 cans and would love to be able to save the videos on one place. I know there was talk about it but that seems to have died. If you aren’t going to develop the hub is there some other way for us to do this?

3 Likes

I’m hoping this leads to more integrations, like SmartThings. Currently the second highest voted wishlist item.

5 Likes

I disagree. I think they’re very generous with the free services. More features and more storage equals money for servers. Had to be paid for somehow!

3 Likes

I have been a dashcam junkie for years. There are many hundreds of sizes and types out there. A WYZE auto camera system would have to STAND OUT. One track might be to emulate what Tesla has done by having external vehicle views by some well thought out well hidden camera kit. This way…the cameras are not just for accidents…but for security as well. The ability to auto log in on friend’s or workplace wifi would be great too. This way…one could see how the car is doing at all times so long as it was parked reasonably close to the friend’s or business wifi. As far as form factor…right now the forward facing cameras that slip over one’s existing rearview mirror are great…and the ones that hang off the bottom of that mirror and are on a swivel are most useful as they can be pointed in any direction. A rear pointing camera that lives in a license plate bracket would be nice. Getting wired power to all these cameras in a “sanitary” fashion is ALWAYS the big appearance problem with dashcams/car cameras. Making car power wires easy to do, well hidden (or at least camouflaged) is an area where WYZE thinkers could use some of that product innovation thinking. Add on dashcam camera wires are SO UGLY and easily accidentally pulled on. Oh…and those new WYZE dashcams have to be AT LEAST 1080p at 60fps. The 30fps models often make for blurry stills of license plates. IF 120fps could be implemented…WYZE could brag that their cameras can REALLY make out license plate numbers not only because of 1080p or 4k resolution…but because of the less blurry stills made possible by the higher video FPS (frames per second). ONE MORE THING…audio quality is often a secondary thought on car dash cams. I sometimes like to save some vacation dashcam videos when driving to new places. Having clear audio of the conversations would be a nice touch. OH YEA…since the price of 256gb micro SD cards is getting lower all the time…and so far all five of my WYZE home cams work great with these BIG cards…the WYZE dashcams need to work well with the BIG cards also.

5 Likes

Well stated. Not everything can nor should be free.

3 Likes

This is an interesting statement. I’m surprised nobody has pointed this out. Based on this, it seems like it will be a “plug and play” device that mounts OVER the inside deadbolt knob, Or did I completely misunderstand it?

2 Likes

Hope you have Apple HomeKit coming soon. I could see many Apple loyalists buying ALL of your new products and getting ride of the ones we currently have if HomeKit was functional.

4 Likes