All the product updates announced during the Wyzies

What about a Wyze car Dashcam similar to Owlcam ( https://owlcam.com/ )? Yes!! Might be a good one to add to your road map!

22 Likes

Hi Dave, can you please confirm we will also have the option of using a power cable for the outdoor cam?

(There are third party accessories that make Blink outdoor cameras work on power, but it’s better and safer if its a native feature).

Thanks

24 Likes

Hi Dave, it sounds like the new service is going to be a pay service for us? If so, are you saying that only people who pay for the service will get the “no cooldown period” option? Anyone with only the free service loses out on this option?

2 Likes

My understanding is the free service will remain as it always has been, 12 second videos with a 5 minute cooldown.

7 Likes

Thanks Jason. I love the free service and hope a “no cooldown period’ would be part of this free service too. This just doesn’t seem like something that should be a pay service. Everything else that Dave mentioned, I can understand the reason for a charge.

3 Likes

Here is a little reading for you in this thread

2 Likes

so what’s a “cooldown” period?

1 Like

Event videos have a 5-minute cooldown period for the 12-second videos. What this means is if there is constant motion detected, the camera will record a 12-second Event Video every 5 minutes and save that video to the cloud for 14 days.
If you have a motion event the camera will record a 12 second clip if there is another motion after 3 minutes you will not record another event clip until the 5 minute cooldown has expired

If you have a microSD card, you get even more options of how you would like to record and store Event Videos.

6 Likes

I’m so looking forward to your outdoor cam! I’ve been wanting to get one, but have been waiting for yours because I love my indoor Wyze cams.

8 Likes

I’d like to second this, having to take down cameras and charge them would be a dealbreaker for an outdoor cam or a doorbell. POE would be awesome.

Keep up the good work.

10 Likes
10 Likes

Thermostat - “and also let you measure temperatures around your home, not just at the thermostat itself.” Does this indicate sensor averaging availability?

3 Likes

Hello @nsiberry and welcome to the community.

They have not really elaborated on that yet, but that is what I am hoping for. I do that currently with SmartThings, Nest, Webcore and my contact sensors from another company. That involves a lot of work on my part and now with Google removing the Works with Nest program they are crippling my ability to do that. So I would love for WYZE to do this and make it easy on my end. I would switch in an instant.

1 Like

Just add a Micro SD card. Obviously the cost in cloud storage will increase significantly with these changes so paying for it may make sense. You can still keep the free service so I don’t understand the complaint. Good luck finding a better alternative.

6 Likes

Totally agree with what’s stated in the link, I love that the Wyze system is very affordable, and that I don’t see a subscription charge from them in my bank account every month. I don’t spend very much time investigating competitors to Wyze, but it seems to me that the price is pretty unbeatable for the amount of features that Wyze offers for FREE. Wyze may not make billions because of the prices they put on their gadgets, but that is my FAVORITE part about Wyze so far, they have valued customer satisfaction over profit margins. please do not change that @WyzeDave.

11 Likes

I don’t know why you are replying to me , I just provided a link and you can read my comment in that thread if you click on the link

1 Like

Yes , you get a lot of features with wyze products for what you paid for them and the free cloud storage is not going away there will just be another option for people that want it.

2 Likes

Yes a Car Dash Cam would be Great. It would be especially great if you could build one that the heat from the windshield wouldn’t burn up the internal parts. I live in Texas along the Gulf Coast area where the sun blast the windshield all the time.

6 Likes

Ok cool thank you for the detailed explanation! Much appreciated1

2 Likes

Overjoyed about the cable free outdoor camera. I have a house in the boonies of Panama and electrical service is spotty. For the future pan and tilt would be a nice feature but that would probably require a power cable. Keep up the outstanding work and try not to grow too fast.

2 Likes