All my cameras just say 'authenticating' endlessly and no longer work as of the past 24 hours

Yes folks we bought in to very unreliable hardware and software. Seems to arbitrarily be unable to connect to cameras indiscrimenently therefore their unreliability! Regardless of what they claim now of not being security cams, which they obviously can bot be considered, as for me, they implied that initially and they are therefore useless unless you just enjoy not being able to stay connected, they often blame ones wifi, a typical claim by those who will not take responsibility for inferior products, result will not recommend ANY of their products, as they will not emphatically state these are made in the USA! CURRENTLY SEEKING ALTERNATIVE reliable products, not made in China!

Recent app updates have been horrendous. App in IOS freezes, and often cannot connect reliably. I have had to use Tinycam via Android for them to be usable.

1 Like

I just saw this thread, and have to say, I’ve been using my cameras for six months, accessing them daily, and have never encountered these problems.

So only 6 months, I can say you’ve been fortunate to this point, best of luck in future, esp with any customer service suggestions by these volunteer helpers, instead of a dedicated tech savvy technician! But hey you get what you pay for as they say, right?

Starting a couple days ago, I’ve been repeatedly getting “Connection failed (error code 0)”, "Connecting camera 1 2 3 " and "authenticating 1 2 3 " messages for all my cameras. Clicking on a camera in the home screen result sin “Connecting camera 1 2 3” and Authenticating 1 2 3 messages, wasting time before the video is available. And half the time the connection failed. What’s going on? This is grounds for a return of all devices for failure to work.

2 Likes

So, are you having an issue? If so, have you opened a support ticket? I had an issue a couple of months ago and contacted support and got some pretty “savvy” help and a swift resolution.

I don’t even try to use Playback anymore. It is impossible to load video. Getting video data… Authenticating… non-stop

3 Likes

The Wyze 360 that I havent really used much other than keeping an eye on who comes and goes at my front door, wont even authenicate any more, just WON’t connect. This whole FUBAR could be approaching a class action lawsuit time perhaps, as often as many people complain about cams not working or constant inability to connect! Thoroughly not impressed with WYZE. unfortunately bought my cams through home depot as didnt have the backlog wait time to acquire cams like when they first came out! IMHO, WYZE has not been worth the aggravation or lack of REAL TECHNICIANS to actually resolve issues! Looks like if a class action ever comes about, I’m in, but considering MADE IN CHINA on products, i wont be suckered in ever again, wasting my hard earned money, vote NO to products made in CHINA! BUYER BOYCOTT, BEWARE!!

1 Like

If you are having a problem with your device, have you opened a support ticket?

Should I open a support ticket or do you have a viable solution? Wyze pan cam model WYZECP1 SV===2A
WYZE LABS, Inc.
Made in China
FCC ID: 2ANJHWYZECP1
MAC: 2C:AA:8E:37:CO:E8

You should open a support ticket.
https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us

I have all V2 cameras. i cannot connect to any of them with my phone. I used multiple phones and connections. still nothing. i am not home and this is really bothering me!

3 Likes

Same here. All 3 of my V2 and 1 Pan Cam are not connecting. This is going on the second day now. Everything else on my WiFi network is working fine. I have also tried logging in through my WiFi and off of it. Still no success. Please help, Wyze!

3 Likes

I’ve had my Pan Cam for a few years and 2 reg Cam’s and have had nothing but problems with my Pan Cam since day 1, and now it will not connect at all, this is ludicrous…If you’re going to go playing with BS on you’re end you could at least let you’re customers a little head’s up…This customer will NOT be buying another Wyze product again…

2 Likes

I agree. It takes quite some time after it’s second attempt. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn’t. Same thing with the playback mode.

1 Like

As a reminder to all, this is a user-to-user forum. If you’re having product issues you should open a support ticket. Apparently this is only affecting some people, so it needs to be properly reported so that Wyze can properly investigate.

1 Like

Having similar issues, when it finally does connect, I get the sound but the video is frozen.

2 Likes

And like Magic this morning I started from scratch for which I tried and tried to do yesterday and today it mysteriously connected so it was Obviously on my end NOT !! I did everything I did yesterday and so how did it work today and Not yesterday because it was something they did on their end and blame US…If you ARE changing anything on YOUR end minimum is to alert YOUR customers…

1 Like

Confirmed, it is much better today

Two of V2 camera I installed at my mom’s houses are having issue getting video data for two days. It sounds like it’s issue with building tunnel to the camera once authenticated by their servers. Problem is still unsolved.

1 Like