Add More IFTTT Triggers and Actions

Ah! you’re right. I hadn’t noticed that. Added that to the list.

I also just added the “Execute Shortcut” action to the list. Great idea!

1 Like

exxecute shortcuts would be great. I have done this manually, it is a bit of a pain so you have to create multiple IFTTTs with the same trigger.

One thing that would also be good is to have shortcuts have an action and then check which cameras you want, rather than checking each camera and then doing an action.

3 Likes

I would like to be able to trigger a snapshot at a specific time of day, then send an email to an email list including the image,

1 Like

@Brad_Taylor… I moved your other two posts to this different topic since those requests are way outside the scope of what is possible with IFTTT (not possible for Wyze to implement within the IFTTT universe).

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Email notification with attached snapshots taken on motion detection

Thanks for the suggestions! I think you would be able to do something like that with the suggested additions, but AFAIK IFTTT is only able to have a single response to a trigger, making this complicated.

For example:
IFTTT Applet #1
Trigger: At a specific time (IFTTT-provided)
Action: Snap a photo (WyzeCam-provided)

IFTTT Applet #2
Trigger: A photo is snapped (WyzeCam-provided)
Action: Send an email (IFTTT-provided) with…
Ingredient: Photo attached / URL to the photo / something else to grab the image (WyzeCam-provided)

1 Like

I second this ASAP!!! Enable/disable sound detection via IFTTT is critical to take full advantage of the cam. I and many others have many use cases for sound detection, such as “bark monitors” to keep an eye on our furry kids.

2 Likes

If it could integrate with chime function on dome device.
Or if they could make a chime device like ring.

You can absolutely do something like this using IFTTT.

For example:
IFTTT Applet
Trigger: Motion is detected (WyzeCam-provided)
Action: Something that makes a sound (D-Link Siren, smart plug that powers a buzzer, etc)

Thanks Will look at d link. Did not know they made an audio.
Have smartthings hub and a dome chime/siren hooked to it.
May try ifttt to link to smartthings for more options.

1 Like

Shortcuts integration would really decrease the number of applets needed for each action.

2 Likes

Just signed up for the IFTTT developer platform with allows for multiple “That” instances in the same applet but I still can’t add the same action on multiple devices even though the platform allows you to add as many “thats” as you want. Anyone try out the IFTTT developer platform? Is this a limitation on the Wyze side of things. Just looking to Do an:
“If” _____ connects to wifi
“Then” turn off motion on 1 camera,
“Then” turn off motion on 2 camera,
“Then” turn off motion on 3 camera,
“Then” turn off motion on 4 camera.

1 Like

For anyone else wanting to take a look, you can sign up for free at Plans - IFTTT.

It looks to me that IFTTT does not allow the same precise trigger to be used more than once. For example, if I create an applet with an trigger, I can select the Wyze “disable motion detection” action. But when I try to add a second action, that particular action isn’t on the list.

Excellent suggestions! This would also allow stuff on IFTTT like, if the camera transitions from regular to night vision mode (if camera is located outside, switching to night vision can indicate that it’s night time), I can trigger stuff like turn on inside lights controlled by Hue or SmartThings.

1 Like

Great suggestion! I just updated the list to propose a new trigger when night vision is activated/deactivated.

1 Like
  • ingredients
  • Media (video/photo related to the trigger)

I think this one is very helpful.

1 Like

I´ll add another action:
Show specific camera feed
use case: If MOTION DETECTED on camera01 Then SHOW Camera1 FEED

1 Like

Right on, @njaimes. I think the “Media (video/photo related to the trigger)” ingredient covers that. “Ingredients” in IFTTT are individual elements you can use in actions.

So to use your example:

• Trigger: Motion is detected
  • Action: Android, Google Drive, or some other IFTTT action that allows viewing media, being passed ingredients for Device Info (camera name), Media (video related to the trigger), and any other relevant metadata.

Note neither of those ingredients are currently available, but both are on the list for ones I’d like to see added.

Please set up a Wyze function on IFTTT to allow the execution of our own created Wyze Shortcuts created within the Wyze app. This would allow for a tremendous flexibility and range of actions not currently available. We could customize actions for individual cameras and not be limited to one action on a one-or-all basis. Could be tremendously useful with geo-fencing in particular.
I think this would be a very powerful ability to offer for an already good system!

1 Like

We’ll need to update this list with the recent changes (like disabling the night vision IR lights) and new sensor + bulb products. I don’t have those, but if someone let’s me know the possibilities I can update the original post with all of the details.

Maybe @Loki?

I posted earlier and would still advocate for the ability to execute our shortcuts, the ones we have created within the app, directly thru IFTTT. Given the flexibility of the shortcuts this would open a lot of power if we could use the integrations available in IFTTT to execute them.

3 Likes