Add More Triggers for Wyze Rules

Add an off trigger for cool mode and heat mode for the Wyze thermostat

I have booster fans that turn on with the AC unit to help cool the house using the on trigger built into the Wyze thermostat.

It would be nice to not have to rely on mode changes or timers to turn these fans off but instead have them turn off when the AC stops.

1 Like

Hi Product Team

I am talking about WYZE Lock (Not WYZE Lock Bolt)

Right now there is no option (either rule or device trigger) to lock the Wyze Lock (with a specified time interval like 15 sec, 30 sec or 1/2 min etc… and not “at once”) when it was unlocked and door remain closed (i.e door is not opened and closed).

Most of the times my kid is playing around and unlocks WYZE Lock. If it is night time and we don’t pay attention whole night entire home will be accessible to anyone freely which leaves home in danger situation because we all will be sleeping. And same situation can happen in day time also as we all will be working on something and door was kept unlocked many times which un-secure.

For your understanding I am pasting screen with options available while creating a rule for Device Trigger

What I recommend for this issue, if your engineer team enables for

• Has been unlocked for
  • Has been locked for

Wyze plug outdoor trigger

I have wyze plug outdoor. I want to get an alert each time sump pump comes on. Need to set at watt level to do this?

[Mod Edit] The following was merged from a separate wishlist request the user made of the same topic.

I have a Wyze outdoor plug. Can I set so I get a notification each time sump pump comes on. Set at low watts?
Let me explain more deeply. I have a sump pump in my house. When water level below my basement floor is too high the sump pump float flips a switch and pump eliminates water in pit. This Pump is ALWAYS PLUGGED In and is always ON. On rainy days I expect it to come on several times in a day. I want to use Wyze Smart Plug Outdoor to send me an alert when it sees power being consumed. May only be a few watts or Amps for each action of Sump Pump. Can I configure the Smart Plug to send me an alert for each event? The plug will always be ON but need to use sudden watts, KWH or admps as trigger for event notification? Does this make sense? Thanks…

1 Like

I suggest the Wyze Room Sensor have a Device Trigger for temperature thresholds. For example: when temperature is higher than 74 degrees, turn on Wyze Plug. When temperature is below 72 degrees, turn off Wyze Plug. I would be plugging a fan into the Wyze Plug for my use case during the summers and a small space heater with inverse rules during the winter.

1 Like

I would like HMS state change trigger so that it will turn on lights when the alarm sounds

1 Like

My request is for an enhancement to the rules system for the Wyze Lock. I’d like “manually unlocked” to be added to triggers (“when”), and “disable auto-lock [for XX minutes]” to be added to actions (“do”).

Rationale: my gardeners have keys to my house. I don’t want to try to get them to use the Wyze app; they’ve had house keys for many years and it works fine. But as soon as they come in and close the door, the Wyze Lock auto-locks; which makes it difficult for them to go in and out as they work.

So my thought is, if the lock is manually unlocked, disable auto-lock for a configurable period of time to allow entry and exit. When the timeout expires, resume auto-lock.

Thanks for your consideration.

Wyze Lock - Manual Lock - Turn Lights off

Wyze Lock has the means to trigger rules when it is locked and unlocked (I assume that is manually and automatically?

I’d like a trigger to for manual lock only, this way when I close the door and manually lock it, it will turn off my garage shop lights.

SJ

1 Like

Add alarm hub to rule trigger

I think it would be awesome if you guys can add the sense hub to trigger rule. I’ve been messing around on how to make the siren louder and the only idea that comes to mind is to set a rule to trigger a Wyze plug (that has a separate siren plugged in) to turn on for few minutes if alarm goes off! Bellow I’ll attach link to Amazon of the siren horn I have witch works amazing once power is on but has to be trigger manually now, the sense hub is extremely quiet and the idea of an alarm is to be loud!

Wired Alarm Siren Horn 15W DC 6 to 12V Security Siren with Bracket for Home Security Alarm System

12V 2A Power Supply AC Adapter, AC 100-240V to DC 12 Volt Transformers, 2.1mm X 5.5mm Wall Plug (12 Volt - 2amp - 2pack)

1 Like

Siren triggered from Home Monitoring Alarm?

Can we get the ability to trigger rules based on Home Monitoring status? Turn on siren if X is triggered, etc.

[Mod Note]: Your topic was merged to this #wishlist request for better visibility and consistency in grouping similar requests. Please remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button.

1 Like

close garage door after it’s left open for a period of time

Add “left open for a period of time” as a trigger, and allow this trigger to be scheduled.

Definitely the HMS mode trigger

1 Like

Better geofencing, an alternative using wifi ssid or equivalent

Since geofencing is never 100% in triggering routines / rules (based on experience, reading, etc, regardless of app) : perhaps add something like when device connects to specific wifi network or disconnects, then this would be like arriving to or leaving the area.

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along!

I find it entertaining that we VOTE once for the MULTIPLE wishlist items in this topic… Makes no sense at all.

What if I see something in this “Catch” all topic that I don’t care to vote for?

What if there are three things I do want to vote for?..

How is ONE vote tossed at this topic representing anything of value?

SJ

Vote once for topic. You can’t “like” your own post.

Don’t “like” it. Don’t click the heart icon on the post.

“Like” each post/thing.

Wyze attention.

The Trigger and action wishlists are structured slightly differently to keep them better organized for the rules engine devs to have one single place to look for them and see which should take priority based not solely on popularity, which is a consideration, but on other considerations too, including how easily it can be implemented and how many users will likely benefit from it, among other things. The VP of Product told us that employees do check the wishlist/roadmap weekly and review things, and I do know there are employees who browse the threads and report back on patterns and such things.

1 Like

Ah, I didn’t see that Memo… where ‘hearts’ are used for ‘votes’ on indivdual posts…
Ok, that works for me, although for the most part, I quit reading through these 'catch all topics like this as I saw no value in them for my reason stated…

Now that I understand it’s all about the :heart:'s perhaps I’ll spend a little more time frolicing in the abyss of postings and try not to have a :broken_heart: for the items that don’t get any traction from Wyze.

thank you for un-confusing me.

BrianReganConfused

SJ

3 Likes

This applies to all wishlist topics, not just compilation topics such as this topic. Comment/replies are usually individuals’ use cases/scenarios/ideas that are relative to the Subject/Wishlist title. Use cases further refine and define how the subject is to be implemented. Likes indicate which use cases are best accepted by our community. Votes on the topic indicate interest in the subject as a whole.

3 Likes

@Loki , this is an excellent list of requested triggers.

Does Wyze ever provide an update on this list?

If any items are added to roadmap are they tagged as moved to roadmap?

Thanks.

I believe when one gets implemented, Loki [any mod] moves it from the “Requested” list to the “Existing” List (both in the first post of this thread), so we can see the list of things that didn’t used to exist, but were requested, then got implemented from this list and were then moved to “Existing”…that’s why the existing list doesn’t list every single rule trigger that is possible in the app, it is only listing items that were on this list and Wyze added after being requested. So they are making progress and implementing some as we can see by the Existing list.

3 Likes

This area doesn’t follow the regular procedure where items get moved to roadmap. Any of the mods will modify the top post if they notice or someone points out that a trigger has been implemented, but I don’t regularly check the list for items that may have been implemented.

4 Likes