Add More Triggers for Wyze Rules

I’d like to see additional device triggers for the thermostat.

I have a use case where I need to turn on/off Wyze plugs when my HVAC unit turns on/off. Currently there are triggers for when the cold/hot mode turns on, but not off. There also isn’t any trigger for when just the blower turns on as I have my t-stat setup to run the blower for a minimum number of minutes every hour to circulate the air in my house.

1 Like

Trigger for when motion is not detected for 3D printing

I would love to request that you add a new action trigger to the list in the app:
When motion isn’t detected.

You may not be aware of this but your cameras are popular in the world of 3d printing hobbiests. We use them to watch are printers while they are doing their work. So for us, we dont need to trigger an action based on movement or person detection, but rather when there is no motion. For us, no motion means our project is finished, or there is a problem. So it would be nice to trigger a notification when the camera doesnt see any motion.

1 Like

In similar fashion, it would be great to be notified when sound stops. Can be used to determine when the washing machine or dryer is finished

Need to be able to have multiple device triggers with in a rule so that of you want all your door sensors to turn on a light you don’t need a seperate rule for each trigger device. I can do this witj Samsung smarthings but not Wyze.

[Mod Note]: Your request is covered by existing request in 1st post, “Wyze sense/bulb groups (eg. any contact of group opens, all contacts of group close)”.

Sunset/Sunrise Expanded Time Range

Glad to see that the Sunset/Sunrise trigger has been added.

But can you expand the trigger to allow more than 59 minutes before or after sunset/sunrise. Maybe I want a rule that would allow me to turn on a lightbulb 2 or 4 hours after sunset. Not sure why the limit is 1-59 minutes.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Add More Actions for Wyze Rules

i agree. i’d like to make a rule for cameras and siren based on what it detected and the time it detected it.

Can pet detection be used as a trigger for rules?

[Mod Note]: Your topic was merged to this #wishlist request for better visibility. Wyze Cam detects Package, Pet, Vehicle have been added as requested device triggers. Remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button.

1 Like

I can’t say I’ve seen any of the CamPlus AI detections available as a rule trigger. Only place I’ve seen even person detection is in the Alexa app with the Wyze integration. As far as I know CamPlus just tags the videos and doesn’t do anything more.

Update: Person detection is a trigger for rules, but not vehicle, package or pet.

3 Likes

beat me to it lol

This is something that I would also like to see! I live in the country. I have stray dogs getting on my porch. I would at least like to have the alarm come on for 10-15 seconds when a “pet” is detected.

1 Like

Similar to this, Eufy Indoor cams have a pretty cool feature. When a pet is detected in a special action zone (ie: anywhere on the couch), you can have it play a customized response (so people use this to have it detect when their dog jumps up on the couch and then have it have their voice yell at the dog to get down). It would be pretty cool if Wyze allows us a similar rule, to let us play custom pre-recorded voice messages as an action tied to any rule. This would be so incredibly useful! Even if the audio had to be stored on the camera SD card, or the Hub or something, it would be so cool to have a customized voice command available as an action based on any trigger, including pet detection.

I’m voting for this one…surprised you can’t select groups…only devices.

1 Like

I would like to see notification be able to be turned on when I leave home automatically. For example when the app/phone is not on the same wifi network as my camera’s notifications for cameras come on. When I return home and I am back on my home wifi notifications turn off.

1 Like

^^ this is similar to what I was asking for nearly a year ago but more so with the HOME MONITORING

it seems so simple:

When I arm my system turn on notifications and event recording

When I disarm, I’m obviously home, and want notifications and event recording turned off.

For the LIFE of me I can’t figure out why there doesn’t seem to be much integration between the home monitoring system and the cameras

PLEASE WYZE……

It should be all one ecosystem with lots of interplay.

1 Like

Since it seems that the ability to disarm / arm the home monitoring system through Alexa isn’t possible due to extra cost that Amazon would charge Wyze, how about you make the ability to create device triggering Wyze rules with the home monitoring system so we can create a work around.

For example, if a Wyze plug is turned on, change the home monitoring status to “Armed”.

This way we can create an Alexa routine to tell Alexa to “Arm the House” and all the routine is doing is turning on the Wyze plug but since there would be a Wyze rule in place that is Arming the security system when the Wyze plug is turned on, it would ultimately arm the house.

1 Like

Please make the spotlight able to trigger an event when you go to create a “Device Trigger” rule.
I.e. if the spotlight has been on for X time, turn it off. The spotlight should have the same rules as a plug/lightbulb.
This would let us have our own custom motion detection schedules.
One rule can say, when motion is detected, turn on the camera during a specific time/day while another rule can get the spotlight to turn off after a certain amount of time.
I don’t want motion-triggered lights during certain days of the week.

2 Likes

I would like to see a “Detect Vehicle” trigger to be added to the list of triggers under rules for the siren. I have tried “Detect motion” but the siren go off with passing cars, snow, and rain drops, etc.

Thanks,
Brent Pearson

Folks. Please know that image analysis is very hard to do. It is hard to reliably detect people, animals and cars. It’s even harder to detect specific people and individual faces. Just look at the images for “I’m not a robot.” These are images selected for features that are easy for people to see but hard to automatically (cars, street lights).

As a result, image detection for camera systems can be helpful and interesting but not very effective for things your care about (like stranger detection). The developer can get high false alarm rates or low true detection rates. And that’s exactly how Wyze detection technologies work.

There is a technology that can easily detect moving warm bodies (people and animals). It’s called a PIR sensor. Wyze has that built into the outdoor camera. They are quite reliable — they have a high detection rate and a low false alarm rate. If you don’t like the short recordings, you can back these cameras up with the other wyze cameras set to simply detect and locally record motion. This way, when the outdoor camera sees the image, you can look at the other cameras and watch what happened before and after the short clip captured by the outdoor camera.

The “Detects a Person” is already a trigger option when setting up a rule. Considering vehicle detection is already an option in Cam plus, I see no reason why this cannot be done without any major programming or additional image analysis.