Add More Actions for Wyze Rules

Please add more actions for shortcuts and rules Wyze!!

1 Like

Based off of this suggestion which would allow greater control over detection zone shapes, another great addition would be allowing us to schedule detection zones. Use case scenario:

• Overnight I would prefer expanding my detection zone to cover a wider area.
  • During the day Iā€™d prefer to minimize the detection zone because there is more motion traffic in the ā€œexpandedā€ area.
  • Another complimentary option would be ā€œpeople only detection zonesā€ or ā€œnon-people detection zonesā€. Basically in that zone Wyze would only record and notify whichever detection zone rule is selected.
1 Like

Hello:

Would it be possible to have multi-later rules? Eg if motion AND between certain hours?

Also, can the motion sensor have a trigger for sensing daylight?

Usecase: I would like to turn on lights outside if motion but not during middle of day. Or when the door opens when it is dark.

Thanks!

1 Like

This is already in testing. Read about it here: Allow schedule AND event to control shortcut / rule triggers

The motion sensor hardware does not support day/night sensing.

Awesome! I will wait for multiple criteria rules.

Regarding daylight, is it possible to have a daylight API that is tied to long/lat. There are apparently simple home wall switches that do this so Iā€™m wondering if Wyze could as well?

1 Like

Andā€¦ hereā€™s the #wishlist topic for that: Sunset, sunrise (dusk, dawn) trigger for shortcuts / rules

2 Likes

I wanted to make a rule that turned off sound detection from the wyze camera when the motion sensor detected movement. However, detect sound on or off isnā€™t listed as a action. I can turn off the camera but I want the camera to stay on detecting motion because it is pointed outside my window.

Could you good people add a sound detection on and off actions?

Wyze please add more actions to your rules.

Could use a rule to sync times across all cams.

Definitely useful for time changes.

1 Like

Love the shortcuts but please add sound detection action to turn grouped cameras on and off easily.

You can already do this. Make a new rule as follows:

Trigger: Camera > Detects Sound

Action: Camera group > Turn on/off

1 Like

Sorry for the confusion. I donā€™t want the shortcut to turn off the camera. I want a shortcut to easily turn on/off motion detection and sound detection. Currently there is no action for switching sound detection.

Love this list! I especially love the request to trigger bulbs to a certain state for X time then return to previous state. Sort of surprised this wasnā€™t available at release.

I would add one request: Ability to select bulb scenes in device trigger. Currently when you select ā€œturn onā€ bulb as your action it defaults to the bulbs current color & brightness settings which you can manually adjust, but scenes that have been created should show up as an option in the rules too.

Weā€™re looking for a turn Sound On\Off Action not a Trigger.
For some reason Wyze has never set this up. Motion On\Off has always been available.

@kacaraka & @angus.black

Got it. Thatā€™s the very first request of this topic. Hopefully Wyze will get around to implementing it in the not too distant future. Watch for this topic to change from ā€œmaybe laterā€ to ā€œresearchingā€ for an indication of that happening.

And if you havenā€™t already, be sure to click the VOTE button at the top of this thread.

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion. I have added it to the list at the top. Be sure to click the VOTE button.

2 Likes

Agreed! I want this too. So many times the kids leave it open. Having an alert if left open after 9pm would be perfect.

sync time for ALL cameras with one click

2 Likes

Can we please have a feature to be able to schedule continuous recording?
I would like to record only for 12 hours out of the day, but need the camera to stay on 24 hours.
Currently this isnā€™t possible to do, and itā€™s wasting a lot of capacity on the SD card.
Thanks

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Multiple Usersā€™ Permissions for Shared Users