Add More Actions for Wyze Rules

Plug Action - Turn OFF for min

Usecase: I want to have the ability to initiate a power cycle my modem or router for a short period of time. Both locally when I’m on the home network, and remotely when I’m on the internet.

The current rules for the Plug include “Turn On,” “Turn off”, and “Turn On for ___ minutes”

Please add the “Turn Off for ___ minutes” — effectively the opposite of “Turn On”. :slight_smile:

While it might be possible to use a scheduled rule, I’ve tested using a schedule to schedule the switch to “turn off” and have it start at a specific time and end at a specific time (a minute later)…
a. in my testing this doesn’t work (the switch doesn’t come back on)
b. but if it did work, for my use case - where I want to initiate the restart on command, it would be a hack of sorts to just set the time for a few minutes from now and let the schedule initiate the action.

2 Likes

would be great to option to toggle setting or rule to auto restart camera if it goes offline for x number of minutes.

1 Like

Wyze has a new survey out about rules. Here’s the link:

Please fill it out, and be sure to mention at the end your wish to have the features in this topic implemented.

3 Likes

Programmable photo taking

It’s be nice to be able to program the camera to take a picture at a specific time, and/or repeatable times over a duration. One example could be an automatic snapshot taken the same time each day that could be used as a time lapse but over a whole month or year. I’m envisioning a function in the app to take a snapshot from a particular camera.

2 Likes

Allow Shortcut To Be Selected As An Action In Schedule Rule

I made a schedule with the action set to turn on and set color bulbs to a specific color and intensity. Sometimes I wany to activate that action manually. I can do this by creating a shortcut with the same action as the schedule action, but its hard to select the color to be the exact same as the schedule action due to the way color is selected from the color circle. Its also a redundant effort to create another action with the same settings.

Could you allow a shortcut to be selected as an action when creating a schedule?

This would allow me to create a single action for my color bulbs when creating the shortcut, then and use the same action for the schedule, without creating two separate actions that do the same thing, It would also make it much easier to select the exact same color for both the shortcut and the schedule.

1 Like

Adding my support for actions for “turn on/off Pan Cam Motion Tracking” and “turn on/off Pan Scan” :+1:

3 Likes

Often, a rule will not execute as expected. IE, turn off notifications. If I run the rule again a few minutes later by a “poor man’s” run now button by changing the schedule to a few minutes past the current time, it succeeds.

My request is to program this activity out of the user into the application.

1. Please have the rules run more than once to ensure they execute. I harken back to a standard “Run X times on failure at X intervals.” IE. run again in one minute if “Error” is True, three times.

Second, a Run now button will be nice to test rules without having to play around with changing schedules back and forth.

thank you

2 Likes

Take picture every xx

Want WyzeCam to take a picture every hour, or what have you. NOT motion activated, just “take a picture every hour,”

2 Likes

Great idea!!!

The current app allows rules for turning on the air purifier only to the auto power level. This typically results in a low actual power level because the sensor says the air if clean. However, the air has a lot of larger particles that I’d like to remove and which don’t trigger the sensor. Think of dust motes that you can see in the sunshine when you shake bed sheets or curtains. So I’d like to be able to run the air purifier in the bedroom during the day (when we’re not there) at high power. To do this now I have to set an alarm on my phone to remind me every morning to turn up the power (after I’m sure my wife has left the room). An alarm to remind me is not the sort of automation we should be using. :laughing:

Wyze Doorbell +Add Rule // Quick Responses #doorbell #rules

I would LOVE if when someone presses my Wyze Doorbell, they could hear an auto-response of “We will be right with you”, or something akin to that. For my business, I have an outdoor doorbell and when people ring it and are going to have to wait for me to help them because I am busy with clients INSIDE, I have to find my Wyze-viewable tablet (I use a Surface Pro inside and had to purchase a tablet that can run the Wyze app just to be able to do this manually), and unlock it and find the auto-response. I’d love to set a trigger or rule that whenever the button is pressed, you could be told "…(auto-response)… PLEASE!

1 Like

WCP V3 at night motion tracking moths and rarely in position to record vehicles.

Grouping several rules into a Shortcut

I have created several rules, but I must enable each one individually. Is there an option to create a Shortcut that allows you to group multiple rules?

Not currently, but that is a requested item on this wishlist topic. Vote and comment to support!

1 Like

This is exactly what I want to do. I have two reasons:
• capture a daily timelapse sequence (which would be great because we can already make rules based on sunrise & set times)
• avoid the FREQUENT problems that I have with Error Code 3001 failing to save videos of events for which I get notifications but CANNOT view the videos; it is really annoying, but if I could trigger a still photo based on motion triggered events, at least I would get SOMETHING to look at rather than NOTHING AT ALL when the cameras notify me.

• Night vision on/off/auto
    This would be very beneficial for me, as when I turned on night vision in my backyard, my neighbors annoying light that pointing in my backyard was much more tolerable, but with auto, since the light is bright, night vision never turned on, but I don’t need night vision during the day.
2 Likes

Schedule Waypoints on Cam Pans

Would be nice if waypoints on can pans could be scheduled. Exampe: I use mine to see outside yard during the day and move it driveway to see car at night

1 Like

Garage open

I would like to be able to open my garage door based on a location trigger rule

1 Like

It would be great if rules could set speeds on an air purifier. For example, if we’ve had someone in our house to do work I’d like a shortcut to set them all to max, and then later I’d set them all back to auto.

1 Like

Voting for:

• Change Floodlight Control (Auto/On/Off)

On and Off is already implemented, so I’m really just requesting Auto.

Use Case:

My original post is here: Feature Request - New Action Option - Flood light Auto

For one day a week, I want my floodlight to be off even when something should trigger it. When that day is over, I want it to return back to the Auto mode I normally have it set to.

3 Likes