Add More Actions for Wyze Rules

Allow you to press the same button on the switch to turn off and on the plug

I thin adding the ability to turn on/off a wyze plug with the same button press rather than a double press for “on” and a triple press for “off” would make the switch perfect.

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along!

Toggle on/off state (all Wyze IOT devices)

A strip light pro is equivalent to several color light bulbs.

It would be helpful if multi-bulb scenes would work on light strip pro.

And we are still waiting for rules for scenes. wild bulb and color bulb have been out for how long. and we still cant schedule a scene? kind of pointless to have them if they cannot be scheduled based on a time or other option. any eta on this? i’d love to be able to schedule christmas colors then late evening go to warm white. when will this be avail???

1 Like

I really hope to see this following rule added soon.

I want to have a schedule to enable continuous recording sdcard during daytime and save some write cycles on the cards for night time when there is no motions.

• Change SD card record mode: Off, Event Only, Continuous

I may be misunderstanding the gist of your post, because I use what I believe are “first gen” Bulb Color. But aren’t the three actions you listed actually functions of the Wyze App, and not the bulbs themselves? With my bulbs, those actions are a functionality of the app. Do these “BR30 bulbs” use a totally different app, or version of the app? If so, sorry if I misunderstood.

Hello and thank you for your reply. Bottom line, the WYZE app functionality is not the same for the different color bulbs. I remember an email or some sort of marketing material stating something to the effect of: if you like the functionality of the original color bulb, WYZE is now offering a color bulb in BR30.

Well wouldn’t you know it, the marketing doesn’t match reality yet again. WYZE isn’t the only company guilty of this, but I’m not looking for excuses or justifications. Anyone and any company can justify anything in their own mind. That will not and does not change the reality of the situation. In any case, the app is the same for all WYZE products. However the functionality available within the app MAY vary for each and every product. SURPRISE!

Are scenes used in rules for any Wyze device?

Trying to find a workaround for my Wyze strip pro which has 16 separate light segments that I would like to access from rules / scheduling / triggers / shortcuts

getting at scenes ???
And possibly effects???

@WyzeJasonJ

I see your point and that would be a very unpleasant surprise, indeed… :disappointed:

1 Like

Time lapse as rule option

Allow for scheduled time lapse or based on weather event, like snow.

Allow for modifying rate of time lapse.

Rule Action Duration in Seconds

Using a Wyze Cam with person detection and a Wyze Outdoor Plug or a Wyze Plug one can create a Doorbell for the Deaf: connect a strobe light to the plug and trigger it when a Wyze Cam monitoring the Front Porch detects a person. I would like to be able to have the Plug turn off after 15 seconds instead of the current minimum of 1 minute.

[Mod Note]: Your request was moved to this topic for consistency in grouping similar requests. Please remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button.

I agree. In a lot of the rules it would be nice to “toggle” the current state.

Create Wyze Sense Hub Sound Actions (doorbell chime, buzzer, etc) for Device Trigger Rules

Example:
Rule
Device Trigger
Name: Doorbell
When: Front Porch Detects a person
Action: Wyze Sense Hub play Doorbell Chime

1 Like

I would like to set up a location rule to arm and disarm the sense hub .

This is currently not possible from what I’m seeing.

I would like to disarm the hub when I’m approaching my house and if I leave my house without arming it , a location rule when I exit my house to arm the system would be appreciated

A post was merged into an existing topic: Scheduling image captures (photos)

i’d like to be able to make a rule for lights based on a light scene i made. it’s a pain to have to manually do that after the device is on.

3 Likes

Enable Detection Zones to be set by Day or Night

I have a V3 that I need to disable Detection of movement in a couple of squares at night to prevent headlights from cars over a hill from triggering the camera.

During the day, I want enable those same squares to catch motion near a bird feeder.

SJ

Would love a rule to turn off the detection zone for the Wyze cam on a schedule. I just set my new cam up facing the driveway, and when the Christmas lights turn on at night the strobing lights make the cam think there’s motion all night long. I can set a detection zone to exclude the lights, but I’d prefer to have the camera detect motion in the whole area when the lights are off during the day.

Not thee worst thing to manually turn zone on and off for a few weeks for the Christmas season, but an automated schedule would be nice (and more reliable than my memory).

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Add More Device Triggers for Wyze Rules

It is a great idea to have different detection zones for different times of the day.
This would really cut down on unnecessary notifications.

1 Like

Vacation Mode Rule

It would be nice to create a shortcut to set vacation mode on devices. Currently, you have to go into each device to set them.

[Mod Note]: Your request was moved to this topic for consistency in grouping similar requests. Please remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button.

1 Like