Add More Actions for Wyze Rules

Great
Thanks

1 Like

Why not have it trigger for AI events; “pet detected” specifically.

Rule to stop SD card motion recording

There is an existing rule that stops motion events from being recorded to the cloud. Modify this to also stop motion events being recorded to the SD card or add a new rule for this.

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along!

Just like you can create a camera group and turn them all on or off via one shortcut button, please give us a simple ON/OFF shortcut button for all or a group of RULES as well.

2 Likes

can I activate starlight vision 10days before full moon and regular night vision all other times.

I would like the StarLight night vision to come on 10days before a full moon and switch to regular night vision at all other times. The reason for this is that I get much better Starlight vision when there is a brighter night sky. And all other times it is too dark.

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along!

[Mod Edit pt2] *The “Starlight” is the type of sensor used in the camera that helps low light performance in both the color mode (aka color at night, aka when “night vision” is disabled) and when the traditional night vision mode is enabled. The above requested rule action is to allow you to make a rule action to schedule or somehow trigger the camera to change between night vision modes (on/off/auto) automatically. *

Floodlights API and Automation: Turn on floodlights at full power

Currently, it appears the Floodlights only expose the Turn on floodlight and Turn off floodlight functions. I assume it turns on at the current dimmed brightness.

I would like the Floodlights to expose “Turn on floodlight full power” function.

This would make the Wyze Switch that much more useful:

• 1 tap = floodlight on dimmed
  • 2 taps = floodlight on full power
  • push and hold = floodlights off

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along! I added “floodlight brightness control” to the list.

I’d really find the night vision options being added as an ingredient to be useful. The auto-detection feature doesn’t work well in my use case, and with the camera never shifting to night vision mode it makes it virtually useless at night. It would be great to be able to schedule it to switch at dusk and dawn rather than having to do it manually every day or risk missing something.

1 Like

If the camera offers a siren.
Then we should be able to functionally turn it on/ off with schedule times.
When scheduled time is set on.
Motion detection/sound should be able set off alarm.
For 30 seconds to one minute.
Than reset.
Helps keep the kid’s out the window’s.

Wyze Cam v3 - Schedule Sound Detection

Wyze Cam v2 allows you to set a schedule for Event Recording, including Sound Detection.

Wyze Cam v3 doesn’t. While you can create Rules, “Turn On Sound Detection” is not an available option.

Can you create the ability to schedule Sound Event Detection on Wyze Cam v3?

Cam AI events are already triggers. Sadly, the use of these triggers is only for CamPlus and above. CamPlus Lite cannot use the AI Person trigger.

Sooooo, as mods on FB send everyone here, this place cannot be a dead end, right? Any idea when we’ll be able to schedule night mode as with a lot of cams the darkness that would trigger it is not quite enough? This is a need, here.

1 Like

Here are some reads for you. It’s on the wishlist. You can vote for it at the top,

1 Like

Oh it still could be, but you stand a way better chance of visibility when posting it in the wishlist here.

Schedule Scenes in Rules

I would love to be able to use rules to set schedules to turn on saved scenes for the color bulbs.

1 Like

If my siren is triggered during my sleep at night, i would like a different notification at my phone beside me- î’d like to hear a siren alert so i can check if my cars are being tampered with by a thief! From my bedroom I cannot hear the camera siren at the driveway. I set the person detection on from 1 am - 5 am, but only a Normal , brief notification sound is played- not enough to prompt me to awaken and check it out.

Thank you for considering this option to enable me to intervene in vandalism or a theft of car, cat-converter, etc.

2 Likes

Turn on/off notifications except doorbell press

My device is not a doorbell, but Wyze Cam 3

I would love to see the integration of the “panic” feature of the HMS into Wyze rules… for example, long press on a Wyze switch, activates panic alarm, in the event you are not near a keypad.

1 Like

"Enable/disable other rules " would be especially useful for me. I have rules set up to turn on/off notifications individually for devices such as camera motion detection and door contact sensors according to a schedule. The problem with this is that if I am away from home then the notifications will turn off according to that schedule. When I’m at home that is what I want to happen. But when I am away from home I want the notifications to stay on. So, if I could have a shortcut and a location-based trigger that would disable/enable the rule that turns on and off the notifications, then I would be all set. Makes sense, right?

Add pan camera motion tracking as a rule

I would like to add a rule that turns off motion tracking at a certain time every day, to keep my pan camera from following random dust at night

1 Like