Add More Actions for Wyze Rules

It seems odd that I would have to create a short to turn lights on and then another to turn it off. Would it be possible to add a feature in the Rules area, to Power Toggle an item. for example: I create a shortcut to turn on a light or outlet and then the next time I tap on the shortcut it turns the item off. basically a toggle switch.

If this is possible now, can you please let me know.

Thanks

[Moderator Note: This is a merged #wishlist submission. The request is contained in the list at the top. Remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button.]

I would like to see a general rule that could be called by other rules. Say you add in a new sensor that you want to turn on a light that another sensor is turning on you can just have it active this other rule,

Or have groups be a part of the “If” so that if any sensor in a group is opened the ction occurs. I’d like a sensor group for outdoor perimeter that when any are opened at night then all lights are turned on.

#wishlist idea: ability to start a time lapse with a shortcut. When setting up the shortcut initially, define image frequency and end either by time of day, or total duration from start time. Then whenever I’m ready to start my time lapse - cool looking weather is just rolling in, or I’m about to start working on building the shop in my back yard - I can get the time lapse started with one tap of the finger.

[Moderator Note: This is a merged #wishlist submission. This request has been added to the list at the top. Remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button.]

A post was split to a new topic: My Wyze Hopes

Top of my list for more actions is - turn on/off motion tracking.

I want to place a sensor inside the front door of my house and use it to trigger my Wyze lock to open as I approach the door.

Support has informed me that: “As of now, we opted to not include an option to unlock the lock via rules as this might be a security concern. For example, what if a different person triggers your Motion Sensor, they’ll have instant access to the door since the Lock is unlocked. For this specific reason, we held off releasing an unlock function for the Wyze Lock Rules.”

I disagree, the lock only has two states, and the one I want to access is being blocked for my own good.

Considering how poorly the auto unlock function works and that if it want to work you must have a phone on you, I think my idea has merit.

Please reconsider.

I only have/use the Wyze cams and outlet switches, but this intrigues me. You want a motion detector to detect you or anyone approaching your door into your house, and when detected unlock the door? Why even have a lock? (I’m sure I must be misunderstanding what you wrote, so… further explain? Just curious…)

I guess i didn’t make it clear, I want the motion detector on the INSIDE of the protected door.

That way when you are LEAVING you don’t need to fiddle with the lock.

Cue the Gilda Radner as Emily Litella clip: Well that’s very different . Never mind…

Seems like what you’re suggesting would actually be an important safety feature, allowing swift exit in emergencies. Surely the lock as designed is easy to manually flip something quickly to run out while being chased by a Freddy Krueger type intruder!

Another idea I had got for the Wyze Cam Pan is that when it senses a CO2 Alarm or the Fire/Smoke alarm going off. That we are able in the app to select where the camera should look at when there is an alarm happening. I placed my Wyze Pan near to my window towards my backyard, If a fire alarm goes off then It should be able to go to it’s set position and start recording.

Moderator Note: This is a merged #wishlist submission. The “Pan Cam: move to a specific camera memorized position or waypoint” rule action combined with a Smoke/CO Detected trigger will accomplish this. Remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button.

1 Like

I would like to see an update where the IR is off during normal operation in dark situations. Ie garage warehouse etc. if sound is detected the IR will activate and enhance the recording. This will prevent false notifications from flying insects or other creatures of the night unless they make a sound. In complete darkness the ir is not necessary unless something is detected.

Moderator Note: This is a merged #wishlist submission. The Night Vision and/or IR Emitter items at the top would provide this functionality. Remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button.

1 Like

I would like to see the option to unlock the Wyze Lock when the smoke alarm sound rule is activated. Currently the only option available is to “lock”

I have pets and if the smoke alarm is detected, I would like for the lock to unlock so someone can save my pets.

2 Likes

It would be nice to automatically show my live camera stream on my Google home hub when motion is detected, similar to what the nest hello doorbell does when someone clicks the doorbell button.

Moderator Note: This is a merged #wishlist submission. The item “Tell Alexa or Google device to show camera” would satisfy this request. Remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button.

1 Like

I have a detached garage. If I unlock my back door, it is almost always to go to the garage. Similarly, if I unlock my garage, it’s because I’m on my way to the back door.

I would love to able to sync the two, so that locking one would lock the other, and unlocking either would unlock both.

1 Like

Would like the flashing bulb capability. This would be a great feature to draw or attract attention.

2 Likes

An “if”, if sound is detected from a camera, then…

(If there if a separate thread, then please go ahead and move this there. Thanks!)

Pretty blown away that this plug can’t do a simple countdown timer like my 10 year old plug on my water heater recir pump.

Ideally a “Shortcut” that turns the pump on, runs for defined period of time, then turns off.

Also, why does it show the plug ran for 3 hours today when there was no draw on the plug (nothing was plugged into it). would be great to get notified / alerted that there was no draw as perhaps the connected device went out.

Moderator Note: This is a merged #wishlist submission. The Pause action listed at the top would allow this to be accomplished. Remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button.

The IR lights click on with a loud click. It’s like they are controlled by a relay. It happens repeatedly at dawn and dusk with the light level fluctuations. Adding IR control to scheduling would be a positive change so it would only come on once a day if desired.

1 Like

The ability to enable/disable Night Vision mode already exists in the camera settings. I would like to see enabling/disabling this function available in the schedule feature in the WYZE app.

Hopefully this would be something that is very easy to implement.

The issue is, that in covered spaces with windows (such as a garage). During the day as the lighting level changes, if night vision is set to “auto”, it will frequently automatically turn night vision on and off. Each time it does this automatically, the camera senses motion when switching between night-vision mode and send an event notification.

This can end up sending event notifications between 2 and over a dozen per day simply because the camera keeps switching night vision mode on and off.

Being able to run a schedule that turns night vision permanently on/off during the day would solve this problem.

Thanks.

I would like to see rules on groups, such as cameras, plugs, sensors. For example turn off not only notifications, which is easy to do, but disable any enabled rules for all devices in that group.