Add More Actions for Wyze Rules

I would like to set up a location rule to arm and disarm the sense hub .

This is currently not possible from what I’m seeing.

I would like to disarm the hub when I’m approaching my house and if I leave my house without arming it , a location rule when I exit my house to arm the system would be appreciated

A post was merged into an existing topic: Scheduling image captures (photos)

i’d like to be able to make a rule for lights based on a light scene i made. it’s a pain to have to manually do that after the device is on.

3 Likes

Enable Detection Zones to be set by Day or Night

I have a V3 that I need to disable Detection of movement in a couple of squares at night to prevent headlights from cars over a hill from triggering the camera.

During the day, I want enable those same squares to catch motion near a bird feeder.

SJ

Would love a rule to turn off the detection zone for the Wyze cam on a schedule. I just set my new cam up facing the driveway, and when the Christmas lights turn on at night the strobing lights make the cam think there’s motion all night long. I can set a detection zone to exclude the lights, but I’d prefer to have the camera detect motion in the whole area when the lights are off during the day.

Not thee worst thing to manually turn zone on and off for a few weeks for the Christmas season, but an automated schedule would be nice (and more reliable than my memory).

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Add More Device Triggers for Wyze Rules

It is a great idea to have different detection zones for different times of the day.
This would really cut down on unnecessary notifications.

1 Like

Vacation Mode Rule

It would be nice to create a shortcut to set vacation mode on devices. Currently, you have to go into each device to set them.

[Mod Note]: Your request was moved to this topic for consistency in grouping similar requests. Please remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button.

1 Like

You must consider to open up for external actions, you could have a look at what https://wirelesstag.net/ is offering in there event calls, if you could do something in aspects of GET/POST/PUT actions to external calls it would be perfect, and could save you do lots of the rest requirements.

1 Like

Wyze Cam Pan v3 has a privacy mode. It would be good if turning that on and off could be controlled by a rule or series of rules.
i.e.
at x time turn on privacy mode, at y time turn off privacy mode.
or
if HMS set to away turn off privacy mode, if HMS set to home or disabled turn on privacy mode

5 Likes

V3 Cam Pan - event triggers cam on or off

Scenario: V3Cam pan is in hibernate mode with camera poimted down.
A different cam detects motion or sound. That event turns on the V3Cam pan so that it comes out of hibernate mode.
An added feature would to have it scan 360 area for motion, or go to a specific preset direction.

Cam Pan v3: Have the ability to schedule pan and motion tracking under rules. I would like to turn on the panning capability at night only as to not wear out the motor.

Probably doesn’t apply here but it would be nice to change the pan interval as well rather than having it hard coded at 10 seconds.

6 Likes

Add Privacy mode to Schedule Rules

Just picked up the Cam-pan-v3. So far it is nice, first cam pan I have picked up. I would like to schedule it in privacy mode during the day and then off during the night. I don’t want to turn off the camera since I still want to be alerted if smoke alarm goes off. But I presume privacy mode is still on and will detect smoke alarm. Anyway, none of the scheduled action items have privacy mode. I can either turn on/off detection, notifications and camera itself.

Thanks

4 Likes

Privacy mode tilts CPv3’s lens down to 180° and turns cam off, including audio. I.e., Privacy Mode is the equivalent of other cam types’ Off with the added reassurance that turning cam off also nulls cam’s field of view. Privacy Mode in rule/actions is currently achieved via “Off”:

Thanks Seapup! So, having privacy mode being the same as Cam off, then I am right that the Smoke and CO alarms will not be detected. Just confirming. Thanks.

1 Like

I believe you are correct, smoke and CO alarms will not be detected if Cam Pan v3 is set to Off (Privacy Mode On) via rules.

Add a rule to point V3 Pan at a specific waypoint when motion is detected on another cam.

Add a rule to point V3 Pan at a specific waypoint when motion is detected on another camera.

I have a camera at the front and back of my house with the Pan V3 at the side, if my back cam detected motion I’d love the Pan V3 to turn and look in that direction.

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along!

1 Like

Add more actions for floodlight camera

There are many actions to create rule under schedule for floodlight camera. For instance 2 of them are

• Turn on floodlight
  • Turn off floodlight

I would like to have “Turn Auto floodlight” to control from schedule.
Little more explanation can be found on below link

1 Like

I agree. I would like pan on only when I’m away. When home I want it stationary. I don’t like to hear it panning when I’m home.

I would like to turn on/off Record Sound for cameras.

I see several sound-related requests (such as turning on/off sound detection), but none to change whether or not sound is recorded at all.