Add Gateway support to Lock Bolt

Love that you finally have a door lock that I can put on my front door, but sad that it doesn’t support the Gateway I use with all my other Wyze Locks. Please add support for connecting to my gateway so I can control ALL my Wyze Locks,

Adding gateway to wyze lock bolt

I would like the gateway functionally added to the lock-bolt. I like being able to see when my door was locked and unlocked. I also like the auto lock feature from the wyze lock better than the auto lock timer on the lock-bolt. Please look into these two things.

12 Likes

Wyze Lock Deadbolt Hub

I understand not having WiFi…but why not have the Lock Bolt connect to the Sense Hub or optional hub to purchase and make it “smart” that way with routines etc? That way, for the people dont want a connected hub, they got it and the others that like this design (I didnt like the bulkiness and design of the first lock) AND want to make it smart can purchase an optional hub/repeater to make it smart.

Furthermore, I would think that it should be able to connect to the Sense Hub as its a win win for everyone!

16 Likes

Or indeed just the same Door Gateway as the rest of my Wyze Locks

6 Likes

Wyze lock bolt wifi gateway

Would be nice to have wifi access to the new lock bolt.

8 Likes

I agree that having a Gateway option for the Lock Bolt would be FANTASTIC! For those who do not want an internet connection with their lock… Don’t get a gateway!
For the rest of us… PLEASE offer a gateway so we can get realtime lock feedback via the internet.

My 2 cents worth.

14 Likes

I too would like to add the wish for remote connection capabilities to the Wyze Lock Bolt.

9 Likes

Would love this feature.

4 Likes

PLEASE we need wifi access to configure through the wyze app remotely!

8 Likes

I LOVE my Wyze Bolt but the lack of a bt-wifi bridge for remote access and alerting prevents me from using it full time. The fingerprint and lovely keypad are why I went with the bolt, but over time, the lack of immediate remote notifications when my door locks/unlocks or a code has been used made me switch back to my old wifi lockset.

A bt/wifi bridge for remote usage would be the bees knees.

11 Likes

I purchased two of the Lock Bolts because I was under thr impression that they worked with WiFi like the rest of my devices. The bluetooth connection is unreliable. I desperately want the WiFi.

6 Likes

I’d love to be able to see if my door is locked remotely. Sometimes we’re out and I think “did I lock the front door.” This is a huge shortcoming of this product presently. I agree they should add the capability to the Wyze Sense Hub ASAP

11 Likes

Smart Lock V2 Bluetooth to Wi-Fi Pluggin to allow automation

The new Smart Lock V2 checks all of the boxes except not having the wifi connectivity and ability to do automations. I understand that Wyze wants users requesting these features to buy the Smart Lock V1 but the new design of the Smart Lock V2 has a more professional look (w/ the built in keypad) and also has the fingerprint reader. To allow users the best of both worlds, I am suggesting that Wyze creates an adapter to plug in to the wall next to the lock that will allow the lock to connect to wifi and perform automations

6 Likes

I have exactly the same idea. I want fingerprint access, but also want geofencing to lock/unlock doors.

So, how about a WiFi to BT adapter? I might be willing to spend the money to try it, it would be SO cool.

6 Likes

There should be no reason that they couldn’t add this in the future. The lock has Bluetooth and the Wyze Gateway has an ESP32 which definitely supports Bluetooth as well. They would even have another product to sell as many people might not have the gateway yet and would buy it as an upgrade.

I was actually going to recommend this lock to a few different people until I found out that it doesn’t connect to the internet in any way. Seems like a big miss to me.

8 Likes

Please add a gateway option for the Wyze Lock Bolt!

6 Likes

I agree. I purchased 2 bolts. We really need Wi-Fi access through hub. Sense or other for routines and remote open close via app.

4 Likes

Would love a WiFi bridge for the Wyze Lock Bolt to allow remote creation of codes over WiFi ie. Bridge connects to Bluetooth with Lock Bolt and also connects to WiFi to allow internet connection similar to how August does for their implementation.

I prefer the Lock Bolt to the regular lock because of the built-in keypad.

6 Likes

We need a deadbolt, wifi enabled, with keypad and fingerprint reader that can be locked and unlocked from the app. It needs to be offered in oil rubbed bronze as well as white, black and gray.

8 Likes

I get that the wifi capability isn’t built-in to the Bolt unit so a BT or other protocol bridge would be necessary to get this to work via wi-fi.

Just adding my support for having this feature even if it requires an additional bridge to be purchased. Then you can use the auto-unlock function to work via geofencing to trigger from your phone to the bridge to the lock. This would make the setup the best of all features most everyone wants in a smart lock solution.

5 Likes