Add a loud Siren (also integrated with HMS)

Been trying? Even said for now just do a software fix and let us play a soundfile of our choice by hitting a button on app’

In case you haven’t had a chance to read higher up in this thread, folks have used an off the shelf siren plugged into a Wyze plug combined with app rules to accomplish this.

yes 1Tester agreed!!!

You’re right, until the system is 99% “perfect” an alarm would be a nuisance.

But maybe the alarm is a panic button (DANG! we need Wyze smoke and carbon monoxide alarms) and the initial “alarm” is an exterior light or two that come on and flash to get the attention of those outside the house. Then the alarm would sound after a short delay if it is not “disabled”.

Yes to alarm. Got rid of SmartThings and now totally wyze.

I would like a siren that’s activated by door and window sensors
loud enough to hear 100 yards away. Smoke would be OK also

Add any sound of your choice trigged by motion or manually. I need to scare off my raccoons!

JM exactly, let’s keep the request to what can be done NOW which is playing chosen sound file(s) with a software fix. ie. out a button on the screen where you watch events. if you see something wrong you push the button choose the sound file (dogs barking, cops siren and 1 more) and when you click on the sound file it plays out of all of your cameras.

The creation of an actual physical alarm as an add on can be done down the road.

WYZE we had separated these 2 items in streams last year. Please do so again so it is not confused as what we are asking for. Thank you

Wyze when do you think we can get a outdoor siren?

Manually seems good. Automatic would be good too. But I would use manually because I I wouldn’t want possible false loud sirens going off all the time.

Right now I’m using alexa and a Bluetooth loud speaker, with an alexa routine, the trigger is the wyze sensor opens, at a certain time, alexa/bluetooth speaker says/makes a certain sound, I also get a notification, but it would be nice to configure it with an actual Wyze siren.

Alexa also says certain door/window open as well, anyway you get the idea.

It would be great to have a audible interior and exterior audible alarm to help deter break ins while away from your home.

I made one (actually 2) with:

• Smart Plug (TPLink, not Wyze)
  • 12V power supply.
  • And this Amazon.com

When an event happens, just send the command to turn on the smart plug, which sends 12v to the alarm, and there you go.
It works extremely well, and is extremely loud. :slight_smile:

The alarm is wall mountable, so it looks pretty good too.

Scott K, do you have any pictures to see how you have it hooked up and a link to the tp link.
Would really appreciate it

I am using by Wyze Cam to deal with a mouse problem and recently purchased motion detector alarms to keep the mouse at bay when we are away. It would be good to have one product that both tracked the mouse and sounded an alarm. However, I would like the ability to change the alarms so that the the mouse or other animal that a person might want to deter does not get used to one sound. For example, have a dog barking, yelling, different alarm sounds, etc.

Please consider a simple indoor siren or audio device that can be activated by a contact or motion sensor. It can plug directly into a wall outlet so that a USB power connection is not needed.

Perhaps the software could allow for the users choice of a continuous sound a series of short sounds.

I appreciate your consideration. Thanks.

That’s pretty good. Because it uses 12V DC power, you could connect it to a compact 12V DC UPS, and the same for your router… You’d have a motion alarm capability during a power outage for several hours.

I setup an Alexa routine that turns on all the lights and makes my Echo start announcing silly things. Your way is definitely more elegant and could arguably act as a true security detection system (with some UPS’s).

Edit: I use this for my router to keep my data connection during outages. It’s a little pricey, but I’m skeptical of using a knock-off brand with no safety certs. I’m planning to use another one for the outdoor cam base station:
APC 12V DC UPS

First I will admit I didn’t read all the responses, only about half of them. I know it’s been discussed over and over, but I wanted to chime in too…just to show that it is definitely something we want. I edited my post in another thread about delayed notifications below:

Since delayed notifications is somewhat dependent on individual phones, Android/Apple, and their update cycles, why can’t we eliminate them from the equation? It seems that most users want instant notifications, primarily for security reasons. Wyze products such as plugs and bulbs do not have this delay because they operate in their own ecosystem.

What we need ASAP from Wyze is a simple charm/notification/Siren box. A device that when triggered, plays a code such as Front Door Open, motion detected on Camera… And so on. Perhaps with the ability to record our own alerts. It seems like this would be relatively easy for Wyze to develop, half of the logic is already written!

Make sense? This would be a game changer for real!

1 Like

I am not familiar with delayed notifications and I have a low mid range Android.

I had merged my request for an external hardware siren, which could take too much development time, and joined with another person who asked just for a software fix.

Simply allow the person to have a button on the app where you get the alert that you can push and then would appear are you pre selected sound files which the user uploads and you push on the one you want to play through all of you cameras speakers. 3-5 files would be great!
siren, loud dogs barking, Cops are on their way and owner is armed, leave the package there, I will come let you in. (These are just my samples)

Hope this could be done much sooner than any hardware fix.

Theoretically you can actually use this but in reverse. It’s actually sounds an alarm when power goes out. So connect this to the wyze plug outlet and turn it off to sound the alarm. You can easily set up a routine or activate it remotely to avoid false alarms. It will also go off unfortunately if you have a power outage.

https://www.ebay.com/i/174031322635?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=174031322635&targetid=930233624296&device=m&mktype=pla&googleloc=9016077&poi=&campaignid=10456221523&mkgroupid=109413762691&rlsatarget=pla-930233624296&abcId=2145999&merchantid=138378983&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzruQhraT6wIVj4bACh0WKQNVEAQYEiABEgJUkfD_BwE