Stickers or Decals or Signs

I think it would be nice to include a couple stickers with each camera that says something like “Protected by Wyzecam” or something similar. Criminals might not see that we have cameras so letting them know that we’re protecting ourselves could be a good form of proactive protection.

2 Likes

I totally agree. I found this post looking for stickers like this. Please make them!

1 Like

+1

Was surprised not to find stickers in the packaging :pensive:

Hello!

We don’t have stickers sent out with the Wyze Cams but we DO have downloadable sticker templates. Here’s a link! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

“protected by wyze” = instructions to would-be burglars

run around innocently in front of the camera with your face hidden.
wait for twelve seconds.
(optional) grab camera.
now you have five minutes before the next alert goes!

(tongue in cheek; I do love my Wyze cams, but I just have generic “under video surveillance” stickers on my house windows. They were under $10 from Amazon).

6 Likes

Although I understand your reasoning, I can’t agree that those “under video surveillance” stickers actually do anything. Burglars might fine those unconvincing or fake if the sticker doesn’t say what brand the camera is. Best option would be using a sticker of a different brand that’s not wyze at all.

1 Like

Those stickers are usually to protect the owner from lawsuits.
Some of us prefer stickers such as found here

https://www.google.com/search?q=video+surveillance+signs&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjBmIa-trfhAhVIEawKHVa-DyEQ7Al6BAgHEEM&biw=1366&bih=663

3 Likes

I have found that most burglars are not very smart to begin with. I’m sure if they are trying to target a house they would pick a house without a sticker compared to a house with a sticker. I know that sounds stupid but, anyone who tries to do bad things are stupid.

1 Like

Yeah it does sound stupid, do you really things that bad guys don’t do research or have education and just blindly go in for the kill? They are bad but not stupid.

Yes. I really think they are that stupid. Anyone who does something like that apparently isn’t smart. So must not have much education. And I’m sure they don’t do research. If you are targeted by a crime organization, then you are too important of a person. That is different. But most crimes are based off of opportunities.

This is getting off topic BUT
If you have something valuable that can be stolen and others know about it DON’T RELY ON A $20 CAMERA!!
Stickers might help, especially if your neighbors don’t have stickers.
Many criminals have found it is easier to steal than work simply because there are so many easy theft targets.

2 Likes

MOD NOTE: The posts in this topic are starting to get a bit argumentative. Let’s all remember the Community Guidelines

3 Likes

I just like putting them in my sticker book and on my forehead…

4 Likes

Keep this in mind when releasing a doorbell camera…

I purchased a 300$ Nest Hello Doorbell… and people knocked on the door… (facepalm)
So I went on Amazon and found a sticker that says “Please ring bell for service.”
Not perfect wording for a residence but did the trick.
Everyone rings the doorbell now.

2 Likes

Since Wyze is soon coming out with door sensors and glass break sensors, I suggest stickers AND yard signs be offered as a new product package. From a design standpoint, the signs should be the Wyze color theme, along with their brand name. The signs and stickers should read: WARNING Active Video, Doors, and Glass Break Surveillance. I suggest Wyze offer this product in a fashion whereby you can order individual quantities of each (as opposed to a 4-pack or 10-pack).

the packaging is not conducive for stickers as it would be a very tiny sticker. just buy a generic alarm or cameras on premises sticker. also, you do realize the adt boards are advertisements for the company right? but yes a branded sign has shown to be more of a deterrent than a generic sign in the study conclusion i just read however I would not post a wyze sign personally as any crook with half a clue wpould know they can just break into the flimsy meter and kill power and you have 0 alarm or evidence. or just ignore the camera and wear a ski mask. as it stands, wyze is not security product (especially since it cant call 911 or have monitored services). its more forensic and evidentiary.

1 Like

Just a heads up there are downloadable templates now in the support guides but you can also buy pre printed Wyze stickers on etsy: This item is unavailable - Etsy (inside window) and This item is unavailable - Etsy (outside window)! These are linked on the same support page.

Hey Steven not sure if you still want these but see my links below for stickers available for purchase from Etsy :smile:

2 Likes

I’d like to ask if you can make some wyze cam security signs.

It would be great to have “Protected by Wyze Video Monitoring – 24 hour recording” stickers for the inside of windows etc. I have them for my alarm system but they are large and garish. Something very similar to the backer stickers size with the logo and notice would be perfect!