2 of 4 Contact Sensors Unresponsive After Battery Change

What does the sensor do when you insert a new battery? Single flash or two? Two flashes is dead, in my experience. If single, I assume you tried unplugging the bridge, booting the camera (all the way to solid blue light), then inserting the bridge, and waiting for solid blue. Then try pairing again. If nothing, then yes, it’s dead.

Yeah, I didn’t delete any rules or routines I just edited them , that’s all fixed up but I now have 3 sensors that will not connect back up, I tried deleting them and re adding them, they flash 5 times but they will not connect one foot from the bridge

I got Two flashes when I inserted a new battery on all three sensors

Probably dead. Maybe lost Mac address? Anyone else out there get a sensor that flashes twice on battery inset to work? I couldn’t.

I did read in several posts … searching for “5 flashes” that appears to mean the sensor is dead.

Chas

Not true 3 flashes or 5 flashes mean nothing , the new one I set up just the other night did 5 flashes then it connected to the bridge with no problem, the ones that need battery changed just won’t connect

OK Good to know

Chas

1 Like

Mine flashed only once and it still doesn’t connect.

zonaloner, did you try unplugging the bridge from the camera, then plugging it back in? Camera has to be fully booted with a solid blue light when you do this. Plug the bridge back in, wait for solid blue, then try to reconnect.

I tried that already (unplugged the bridge and plugged it back in) and I rebooted my router it still doesn’t connect. I deleted the sensor and tried to set it up again that didn’t work either.

Any luck with this? I’m having the same problem. Installed new energizer batteries in each of my sensors, now they wont connect to either bridge. They flash twice when new battery is inserted, they flash five times when the pin is inserted.

Nope I gave up, if this is the case every time a battery dies in a sensor I cannot use them. Now I’ve setup a reminder to check the batteries e dry week. I have to change them when their low. This shouldn’t happen.

1 Like

Both of my contact sensors died with the battery. The first one that died did the 2 flash/5 flash thing and I gave up on it after a few hours of troubleshooting, I put it away. I got it out recently and it wouldn’t power on at all. Afterward, my second contact sensor recently had its battery die, (with no notification of course!) and when replacing the battery it now does the 2 flash/5 flash thing and doesn’t connect in any way, shape, or form. I’m waiting for support to see if they’ll send a replacement but they’re going through the tier 1 motions currently.

Been on the boat for a fair number of Wyze Early Access devices but I think I’m gonna move on soon, reliability is key and it’s just not present here.

The latest Wyze app informed me that one of my contact senor battery needed changing.

Inserted a new one …blinked 3 times and it was good to go.

4 Likes

Apparently I have waited for a little longer time after receiving the low battery notification because I needed to accumulate a couple more items on Amazon to qualify for a free shipping. But now upon replacing the sensors’ batteries and tried the pairing methods for the whole afternoon, I couldn’t get them to be detected by the Bridge again. Reboot the Bridge-connected camera a few times, reset the Sensors for times, got really closed to the Bridge, locked up myself in the bathroom and beat myself up for a good time, no go.

I can almost replace a lawn mower engine, but I can’t replace a battery. What’s wrong with me?? Or is it just me??

FIXED IT! Skip to the end for solution.

Before ever seeing this thread I opened one of my sensors just to see what was inside. Apparently I jostled the battery loose for just a second and the sensor bricked as so many of you have described here. I read all these posts, tried shorting the battery terminals, tried leaving the battery out for a while… nothing worked. At this point I had already uninstalled the sensor from the bridge and I was trying to reinstall it. I just kept getting the infamous two flashes when I put the battery in. Every 10 seconds it would flash twice. I chatted with support and they are sending me a new sensor. The sensor was bought as part of a starter kit so I asked him if I was going to have the same problem with the other sensor. He said, just change the battery before it goes dead and you should be fine. I wasn’t exactly thrilled with that answer, but oh well. I had already wasted a great deal of time on this (as everyone else in this thread has probably done) but I decided to try one last desperate thing…

WHAT I DID:
I wildly and very randomly pulled out the battery and put it back in. Every time I got the two flashes until ONE TIME (after doing this about 10 to 12 times) I got just ONE FLASH (with NO further flashing every 10 sec like before). At that point I tried reinstalling the sensor from the app and it worked! I think it somehow caught the chip in just the right part of its powerup/powerdown cycle to force a POR. Who knows? Anyway, it felt good!!

1 Like

OK, I’m willing to try anything. My install currently has 6 working contact sensors and one motion sensor. It took 4 additional contact sensors (replacements from Wyze) to get to this situation. Of the 4 dead sensors, three show no flashes on battery insertion, one flashes twice. Tried multiple reinsertion of the battery, over 20 times, with different delays to inserting the battery. Still gives 2 flashes. Who knows, maybe if I do it 100 times it’ll eventually work.

1 Like

Well I tried this on my faulty sensors and no luck. I can’t get replacements since I am outside the US so I will give anything a go. Hopefully somebody finds a fix.

1 Like

I guess I just got lucky, or mine have a slightly different problem. Sorry it didn’t work for you and pbanders.

I am in same boat, replaced battery and now it won’t connect. Seen somewhere to contact wyze opening a tech support ticket to have this resolved, I did that and have not heard anything back as a response from wyze regarding my ticket.
From skimming through earlier posts, it appears that once the battery dies the sensor becomes a dud or is there a solution to this?

Thanks