2.10 full features beta App Release - 4/7/2020

Thank you for the information. I had the same issue also, so I logged out and back in as you suggested and that corrected the issue for me.

Thanks! Also solved the problem for me.

I have to chime in and agree with the general dislike of losing the quick access bell icon. It makes what once was a simple task needlessly difficult.

1 Like

I am honestly one of the ones that is glad it is gone because I used to accidentally turn it off. I can see both sides of it though.

1 Like

“I will fight to the death for your right to disagree “:boxing_glove:
(or something to that effect- historical quotes aren’t my forte)

1 Like

It’s perfectly acceptable to be wrong. :slight_smile:

I’m with you Jason. I certainly don’t miss the little bell icon in the right corner. How many folks have accidentally turned it off? We have seen that issue brought up time and time again.

However, I can understand if there are some who depend on it frequently. It would be nice if we could have both worlds for everyone.

If there were another toggle switch under the notification tab that would allow you to enable/disable the bell icon on the home tab, then the user could have the option either way. The bell icon could be placed beside the edit/pencil icon. Just a suggestion.

3 Likes

I find I use the mute button a lot that the new beta app eliminated. I had to create 2 shortcuts to mute and unmute all and there isn’t a lot of real estate up there for shortcuts to be wasting 2 on something that worked fine before.

1 Like

Anyone having issues with the beta, please provide feedback on this thread AND through the app so the devs can see your feedback. :slight_smile:

You can submit a log to devs from within the Wyze app by going to Account > Help & Feedback > Submit a Log. This method will allow you to send an app log for diagnosis as well as report your issue. (Note that if you are using a beta version of the app, the log will be sent to the dev team rather than Wyze Support and will not generate a support request.)

2 Likes

Thank goodness. I would be in deep trouble otherwise!:exploding_head:

1 Like

I would even settle for haptic feedback or a secondary ‘are you sure’ pop up, I just want to know when I hit it on accident lol

3 Likes

How do you accidentally hit it?
Are you trying to hit the options and miss?
Just curious.

It isn’t like I hit it daily but I did enough to be an annoyance, usually hit it going after the 3 dots or when one-handing the phone and using my thumb to pull down the notification bar.

1 Like

Yeah, a pop up would be good. At least you would have to verify before it disabled your notifications.

2 Likes

What if they left the pencil icon and added the Notification icon to the left?
The pencil icon is wider than the 3 dot icon.

1 Like

There is plenty of room on the left side. I don’t see why that wouldn’t work.

1 Like

You could also press and hold any camera to get to the options under the 3 dot / pencil icon.

Creating two shortcuts mute and unmute works for now. It’s not the best option but it works.

3 Likes

Personally I never used the bell (intentionally anyway :laughing:) so I don’t miss it, but that seems a great interim solution.

I’ve done the same but the other thing the bell icon did was tell you what the current state was, muted or unmuted.

3 Likes