Add support for microSD cards larger than 32GB

MOD EDIT 11/17/21:

https://forums.wyze.com/t/add-support-for-microsd-cards-larger-than-32gb/12810/66?u=wyzegwendolyn

MOD EDIT 10/8/21:

https://forums.wyze.com/t/add-support-for-microsd-cards-larger-than-32gb/12810/54?u=wyzegwendolyn

I would like to use a larger microSD card that the current limited 32GB supported size. I’ve heard it can be done, but isn’t supported. Why can’t we get this supported?

1 Like

I have been using two cameras with 64GB microSD cards without any problems.

9 Likes

Maybe using a 64 GB Card is the answer to SD cards being corrupted when they near capacity.

1 Like

Brand and type that are working?

1 Like

I’ve been using the 64GB Sandisk that Costco.ca sells for about $20 with no issues.
I do Continuous Recording, it holds around 10days. I’ve formatted it with the the Wyzecam. Currently it shows the size as 59.45 GB. It’s not a endurance card, so we’ll see how long it lasts, but its been in their for 6-months so far (Wyzecam v2).

5 Likes

I pretty much use the Samsung cards as they are almost always the least expensive and have worked flawlessly in the Wyze cams as well as everything else I throw them at (Raspberry Pi, Android phones/tablets, Windows tablets - you name it). Rock solid. And less than $13.

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-MicroSDXC-Adapter-MB-ME64GA-AM/dp/B06XX29S9Q

7 Likes

Large SD card support would be great. This may be a licensing issue with Microsoft which owns the exFAT format. This would increase costs. If the captured videos could be offloaded automatically to a personal cloud storage or NAS, this need may be negated.

4 Likes

Samsung PRO Endurance 128GB micro SD card working great. Just format using the app and then reboot camera.

Screenshot_20190206-201027

11 Likes

I’m currently using a 128GB SP Elite allocation size 4096. I’m almost at 14 days HQ footage with .8GB remaining.

1 Like

I too would like to see SD card sizes larger then 32GB expressly supported.

The card I am using is this one: Amazon.com
Delivered Apr 1, 2019

Package was left inside the residence’s mailbox

|90x60

Samsung 64GB 100MB/s (U3) MicroSD EVO Select Memory Card with Adapter (MB-ME64GA/AM)

SAMSUNG

Sold by: Amazon.com Services, Inc

Return window closed on May 1, 2019

$11.99

1 Like

I second this. Using 2 - 128GB Cards, and 4 - 64 GB cards. Then 2 cams with the official Wyze 32 GB cards. All of them have been perfect and no issues.

2 Likes

I have been using 128MG with no problem. ( Samsung 128GB 100MB/s (U3) MicroSD EVO Select Memory Card with Adapter (MB-ME128GA/AM)

What Firmware are you using?.

Thanks

I just upgraded to 4.9.4.90 on my V2’s and 4.10.3.90 on my Pan’s. Been working great for months. So At least the last 2 versions before current.

1 Like

Thanks ill see if it will work without the non pan version

Sorry for the late reply: I’m using ver 4.9.4.37 on the Cam that’s using the Samsung
128GB 100MB/s (U3) MicroSD EVO Select Memory Card with Adapter (MB-ME128GA/AM

Had no problems at all.

(Mod note: removed personal information for privacy purpose. Please remember to remove footer before replying via email)

I have that card in my phone its great. Didnt know I could use the same in these cameras. I will keep my eye. for now ill have to reach out to support i learned that 1 camera i got from home depot the mic is broken and does not work!!!. so fix that first then possible investing in micro sdxc cards

Unfortunately, seems the spring updates have broken the ability to format cards larger than 32G

Anyone tried
Integral 256GB UltimaPRO V30

Got 2 of these in my work laptop and 10 in other devices

If not anyone tried any of the lexar 633x or 1000x cards?

Would guess its a UHS 1 not UHS 2

(UPS say my V2 cams will be delivered tomorrow)