12 second video option now missing

Normally when an event is detected, i can view the 12 second video, as from 15th March 2022, all the event detected only show an image and it is promoting me to subscribe to Camplus which i do now want to do. can someone from support advise how this can be rectified so that i can view the 12 second video without subscribing to Cam Plus.

You must subscribe to cam plus lite to keep the 12 second cloud recordings. There is a free option. Wyze sent out an email about this earlier this year, yesterday was when the changes went into effect.

This is a user to user forum, but you can search the forum for cam plus lite and all the info is there.

2 Likes

To restore your 12-sec video functionality, just follow these instructions:

Cam Plus Lite Getting Started

3 Likes

I subscribed to cam plus lite, added my cameras and I’m still not able to get 12 second videos. Only one camera works. I’ve called like 4 times to Wyze and still no good answer.

Same here. One of my cams suddenly stopped recording 12 sec event vids. Wants me to pay for Cam Plus. Not Lite. But the big plan. Cam Lite won’t let me assign the camera to the Cam Lite plan, says it’s “bound to other services” which doesn’t make any sense. When I bought my cameras years ago I was told I’d get free person detection and 12 second event videos. Well Wyze changed their minds after the fact and I’ve tried rolling with the punches. Been paying for Cam Plus for a couple years now. Most unreliable crap ever. Paid in advance. Ugh.

After further troubleshooting I got my issue resolved. I just had to delete the cam from my list and re pair it. I’m good to go. I hope this helps.

Customer support told me to factory reset first but I’ll try that instead since I need a ladder to even reach my camera. I had no idea they took the 12 second videos away until last night when I needed to look back in my history! Shady af company. But hey they have toy cars now. :roll_eyes:

They did send out a bunch of emails and notifications on the app.

1 Like

Shame I didn’t get any. For some reason my in app notifications for Wyze was disabled. Had the cam for four years, really miss those first few months of use.