12 second clips saved on phone

I want to clairify. rwarburton is using an iphone.

I am using the android platform and the 12 second clips no longer automatically save to my phone as of about 4 months ago ( rough time frame) I am not sure what changed this. the only way to get the clips on my phone is to manually hit the download button when viewing that clip.

I am only posting it for future readers of this particular section. as of that rough time I have not heard of this being an issue still for android.

1 Like

OK, thanks; I had found the advanced settings before, when setting up the camera, but forgot how to get into it.

Most ‘events’ are things I don’t need to save, but a few (about 2-3 per week) are ‘keepers’. I have clicked ‘download’ when viewing them, and I would like to be able to view ONLY the videos I downloaded, somewhere, but cannot see how to do that. The only way I’ve found to make these videos easily viewable (without searching through a lot of event videos or recording for myself the day and time when they occurred) is to ‘share’ them by sending them to myself as a text message.

Is there anywhere in the Wyze app to view ONLY the videos manually downloaded by clocking ‘download’?

I do have an SD card in the camera.

Just so I understand, you are downloading the 12 second event videos (the ones you want to keep) and want to know how to easily find them.

I just saved one and it now shows up in my gallery. I am using Android.

1 Like

On iOS you keep backing up in the Photos app until you get to the Albums page. There you should see a Wyze album if you have downloaded any clips.

Ah, I hadn’t thought to look in Photos. Just did, and there is a Wyze album, but is has only one still photo that I captured from a video about a month ago, when setting up the camera. No videos. Anywhere else they might be?? (My photo stream has all recent photos, but not these videos, and I downloaded some yesterday.)

If you download, they should be there. Try a new download?

I’ve done it several times. I get the message "successfully saved’ but still nothing in Photos. Other photos I took today are there.

Just looked under media types (in Photos), and under Videos, they are there! Not in a Wyze album, just in the stream of videos. (And I have several copies of the ones I repeatedly downloaded.)

If Wyze is listening, I’d suggest that the messages on the phone should tell you where to look, i.e. for videos, “Successfully saved to Photos, under Videos” or for photos saved from live video, “Saved to Wyze album in Photos”.

Whether it gets save to the “Wyze” folder, I believe you should see everything in “Camera Roll”.

Thank you! Yes, they do, and that gave me an idea for a workaround - I can click the heart to add the videos I want easily accessible to the Favourites album. I don’t use it much, currently fewer than 10 entries. This wouldn’t help someone who uses Favourites a lot.

I also noticed, for the first time, that the Photos share icon includes an option “Add to Album”. So I tried this, and added the videos to the Wyze album. This is probably the best option; I just need to remember that whenever I download a video I should immediately go to Photos and add the video to the Wyze album.

Thanks to everyone who answered, very helpful, and I would not have figured this out on my own.

Edited to add better info:

After posting this, I looked around in the Wyze app more and found something I had missed - you can access the album from inside the app and that album automatically captures all downloaded videos and photos! So no need to use Photos or Favourites as I described in my post above. I’m using an iPhone but probably the app for Android also has this feature.

You reach the album this way:

• View the live video (go to Home, then click on the image so it says Live Stream above the video)
  • Click View Playback (at bottom of screen)
  • Click Album icon (far right)

I also realized that you can use the playback video to get longer video clips related to events. My playback stream goes back about 3 days, so as long as the event I want to see more of is within the past three days, I can capture as much as I want to save. Tested this, and the longer videos also go into the album in the app automatically. (While in Playback, click Record where the event started, then capture as much as you want before clicking Stop.)

A manual, or better FAQs, would really help, but the camera is great and has all of the features I wanted, now that I have figured out how to use them.

2 Likes

for android im not sure what exactly changes between the media gallery and the sources it downloads from but sometimes I have to do a media scan to have things show up in my gallery. I haven’t had this issue with Wyze clips, but I almost guarantee tat the videos are there and the gallery just hasn’t refreshed the cache for what should be showing up. just a good little tidbit of info to know. usually your phone will re scan all media when it is completely restarted but google changed so much in the last versions of android that’s one thing that scan can sometimes lag without a restart or a non native re- scan. there are apps you can use for media scans and it usually takes about 10 seconds to complete a scan at which point when you go into the album everything shows up. this rescan with other apps should be possible in IOS too…but its apple so who knows. check your app store, search something like media scanner. this isnt just a wyze thing either. it can happen with any media in your gallery. FYI :wink: