Car / Vehicle Detection

It would be really cool if my wyze camera was able to differentiate a car from other motion alerts, the same way it does with people. I don’t know if this is even possible, but I think it would be a nice AI feature to have

Yes it would be a nice feature to have! I would like to have Person and Car detection!

1 Like

Person and Car and Box Detection.

2 Likes

when person detection was first in beta they had person AND vehicle detection. but that was something they faded away and were looking to develop later. then things went south with that company. so it is possible that vehicle can be done and done well but with everything Wyze is working on im sure they will focus more on person detection development first.

2 Likes

tinyCam Pro for Android devices already does Person, Pet, Vehicle and Face detection with Wyze cams, so it’s definitely possible. Especially since the Wyze app Person Detection is now done in their cloud and is no longer limited by the physical chips inside our local cameras.

But whether it makes sense for Wyze to do this is another matter. Especially if you imagine the amount of server capacity they would have to add to offer this service in a quick enough manner for their very sizable user base!

That said, I voted for it and would love to see it! :grinning:

2 Likes

Yay this was marked as researching!! I hope we get car detection!

2 Likes

Yay :grin: :partying_face:

Please make cams distinguish when a car passes by and when is a real movement of an object!

2 Likes

I’d love to see vehicle detection in addition to Person Detection. I have a lot of trees that blow and cast shadows so it’s tough to even use detection zone. If i set sensitivity low enough to miss most of the trees blowing, it also misses cars pulling in unless they pull all the way up by the camera. It would be great to only get notifications for people or cars pulling into the driveway.

2 Likes

You might consider trying the Wyze motion sensor in the bridge kit and see if that’s a more effective way for you to catch the cars…

1 Like

Not sure how well that would work outside. :thinking:Have you placed the sensors outside before?

No. I was going to until I found that turning the LEDs off eliminated my night time bug alerts. I still might try at some point. Lots of others have. I recall @desertshores had a good post about aiming one outside above his front door.

1 Like

So it’s been a while since this was marked “researching”. Wyze’s anniversary is coming up in 4 days so I wouldn’t be surprised if some new things were announced. Just say that we will be getting more info on Pet/Animal detection later this week so we may also hear something about car detection?

Something to think about :grinning:

I would say its very possible. I would guess that wyze has a lot in store for us. they have gone for the most part radio silent since the plague outbreak and like a scientist locked away, at some point they will break out screaming it’s alive!

but unlike Frankenstein, the crowd is typically super excited when “it” is “alive”

yf

1 Like

:wink:

6 Likes

@UserCustomerGwen if only I could photoshop a gif of you doing a mic drop …it would fit perfectly here.

well played! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

What do you need to make that happen? :thinking:

I could use that GIF in many situations!

2 Likes